1.    #1  
    Hello,

I just got the VZW version of Treo 600 and I would greatly appreciate some help.

1. Is there a way to keep the backlight on? When I'm entering in a persons number at night, the backlight behind the keys turns off and doesnt turn back on when I'm pressing the keys. It does turn on when I use the D-Pad but then it moves it in another direction and then I have to move it back. Thats pretty annoying to do that.
    2. Is there a way to save a contact from the Dial Pad screen? When I'm adding a new contact I have to go to New Contact and then enter the name and number and I have to enter the number by using the small number keys on the pad. What I would like to do is use the screen's big blue buttons, dial the number and then hit save and type in the persons name. But I cant seem to save off the screens big blue button pad.
    3. Is there a way to really turn the phone off? Like I can press the lock button and the screen goes black, but if i press a button the screen comes back on. And if I press the button on the top, all that does is toggle between wireless mode on and off. Is there a way to actually turn the phone off so that even if I press any key, it wont turn on? I should only turn on if I press and hold down a certain power key
    4. On Display Preferences, if you unselect "Show button settings", then you get more of your background to view. But in the process, the time moves from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen. Whats annoying about this is if you grab your Treo and press the lock button to look at the screen really quick, you cant see what time it is as the screen says "Keyguad: press center button to unlock". Then when you press the center button it will dissappear. So if you want to check the time, you have to press two buttons. It would be nice to be have the time on the top of the screen or something
    5. Is there a good quality memo/drawing program. I just want to take quick hand notes by writting something using the stylus as if I was using a pen and paper.
    6. What is Voice Privacy and what difference does it make if I have it on or off?

Thanks, you guys are the best

cXn
  2. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    1) The keyboard backlight should turn on automatically when the screen is turned on. To turn it on manually, press the Option button then the P button.
    2) After dialing or receiving a call, press the center button which brings up a menu. Select "Call log" and on the next page press "Add Contact" button (or right click twice to highlight the button). This creates a new contact with the recent number inserted into the work field.
    3) The screen and wireless modes are operated separately. When wireless mode AND the screen are both turned off then the unit is off.
    4) The Auto-Keyguard feature can be disabled. Press the Option button and then the Screen button to disable Keyguard. Or if you like, you can change the time period before the keyboard and touch screen are automatically turned off by going into the Pref icon from the main screen and choosing Keyguard from the right hand drop down menu.
    5) You mean a Graffiti like program as found on a standard Palm Pilot? I saw a program called SilkScreen at Handago.com. Run a search there is an incredible amount of third party options available for the Treo. If you can think of it, chances are pretty good someone has created a program to do it.
    6) Don't know - is this a Verizon feature??
    Quote Originally Posted by crucifixion
    Hello,
    3. Is there a way to really turn the phone off? Like I can press the lock button and the screen goes black, but if i press a button the screen comes back on. And if I press the button on the top, all that does is toggle between wireless mode on and off. Is there a way to actually turn the phone off so that even if I press any key, it wont turn on? I should only turn on if I press and hold down a certain power key
    No real way to turn the unit off, you can turn off wireless mode, but the Palm side is always on.

4. On Display Preferences, if you unselect "Show button settings", then you get more of your background to view. But in the process, the time moves from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen. Whats annoying about this is if you grab your Treo and press the lock button to look at the screen really quick, you cant see what time it is as the screen says "Keyguad: press center button to unlock". Then when you press the center button it will dissappear. So if you want to check the time, you have to press two buttons. It would be nice to be have the time on the top of the screen or something
    There is a program to fix this, I can't remember what it's called but if you search this site and/or Palmgear.com you should be able to find it. It moves the time above the message so you can still see it.

5. Is there a good quality memo/drawing program. I just want to take quick hand notes by writting something using the stylus as if I was using a pen and paper.
    Diddlebug
    I think Voice Privacy encrypts your voice so that it is harder for others to tap into on your calls. I do know that when I turn it off my calls are much clearer (a little bit clearer on my end and much clearer on the other end). So I have mine set to off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter D.
    I think Voice Privacy encrypts your voice so that it is harder for others to tap into on your calls. I do know that when I turn it off my calls are much clearer (a little bit clearer on my end and much clearer on the other end). So I have mine set to off.
    Thanks. This may be my problem. I have gotten some complaints that my voice breaks up on some calls. I am going to try turning VP off and see if it makes a difference.
    how do yo turn VP off?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Menu, Options, Phone Preferences under the phone app.