1.    #1  
    I know I saw this question in a thread, can't find it, and never saw an answer. Just got my Verizon Treo (very cute), but but when I try the instructions for a Sprint Treo - type in ##83843733 - to convert it to tethered mode to use as a modem, it just tries to dial the number. In other words, this doesn't work on the Verizon phone.

Anyone figure out how to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by matzentosh
    I know I saw this question in a thread, can't find it, and never saw an answer. Just got my Verizon Treo (very cute), but but when I try the instructions for a Sprint Treo - type in ##83843733 - to convert it to tethered mode to use as a modem, it just tries to dial the number. In other words, this doesn't work on the Verizon phone.

Anyone figure out how to do this?
    It looks like an add-on is needed. I am trying PDANet which seems to work well:

http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/

On the down side you have to buy it, my 7135 came with a modem driver. On the plus side I am amazed at how much faster it is browsing with the laptop and the treo 600 versus the 7135. WOW.
    You do need PDANet. I use it and it works very well. I don't understand why VZW did not incluude the modem driver for the T600 like it did for the 7135. It looks like the went light on the accessorties (no cradle?) and the software.