1.    #1  
    Got My New Verizon Treo 600 to replace my Sprint one....
    Couple of questions if anyone knows the answer:

1) On the phone screen above the keypad I get this "1x (A bullseye with some bars) and then VP" ...Anyone knows what all this means?

2) Has anyone else noticed the battery power sucks? My Sprint one seems to last a good long while, but this verizon one seems to need to be charged a couple of times during the day. Anyone have any suggestions for things I can try?

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by interclubs
    Got My New Verizon Treo 600 to replace my Sprint one....
    Couple of questions if anyone knows the answer:

1) On the phone screen above the keypad I get this "1x (A bullseye with some bars) and then VP" ...Anyone knows what all this means?

2) Has anyone else noticed the battery power sucks? My Sprint one seems to last a good long while, but this verizon one seems to need to be charged a couple of times during the day. Anyone have any suggestions for things I can try?

Thanks guys.

Question 1: Good question, and I've been wondering the same myself. Does anyone know the answer?

Question 2: Could it be that since you just got the VZW Treo, that the battery is not lasting as long as your Sprint Treo because you're just using it more often? I personally know that I've wasted a lot of battery power customizing the Treo and uploading new software onto it.
    I think the bullseye means the 911 locator is on. Which is when you dial 911 they may be able to locate you thru your cell phone. I have that on my LG 6000 phone as well.

And for the low battery, im not sure if this applies to treos, but when i had my handspring prism a suggestion was to turn the beam off. WHat that means id that my pda always had the beam function on andit was laways searching for a beam signal. But as i said, i have no idea if ths is used for the treos.

Im working on getting one now but my verizon rep says the release date has been pushed back. So of course im gonna have to do it the hard way again. It never fails.
    Great place to get your cd's converted into 4.1 dts audio.
    http://www.4dot1.com
    Turn data off, for some reason, Verizon data seems to consume power while idle, or so it seems. It does not on my other Sprint Treo (the wifes). I am testing batteryDR which turns off the data modem after a certain amount of time of inactivity, so far it works fine and looks like I will purchase it.

The answers to the other questions about VP (voice privacy) and bullseye (gps locator on) are in the manual.

This morning, I spent two hours on my treo on conf calls and after, I still had 55% battery and this was with the screen on the whole time. I just enabled Treoguard after turn screen off function, so I should get even better battery life.
    I've noticed that since I've accessed the web on my Treo, the data icon is always on now. Usually, it's grayed out, but according to the manual, there is a persistent connection. I don't know how to disconnect it, but I don't know if I want to with the wireless sync. Does this drain the battery any faster? I haven't noticed a problem with the battery. I fully charged it on Wednesday morning and it still has 47% charge. I turn off the wireless feature during the night (for about 7 hours) and keep it on the rest of the time.
    In blazer, you can go to the menu and select disconnect to turn off the data modem.
  7.    #7  
    So I went in and set-up SnapperMail to disconnect after checking email and that seems to have fixed the battery problem. I think it was just staying on all the time and killing the battery.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    i dont use snapper mail so i cant help there, but i use my treo heavily and in some fringe areas and have yet to get my battery even close to 50% in a day.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    The Bulls eys with the bars is the GPS (Which is used for 911 location) this is on all new phones (Manditory for VZW and may be for other providers).

The 1x Tell you you can use the Data and that you are on Verizons network. It's Verizon's Data network, Likes Sprints Vision etc.
    Go to your phone setting and set location to 911 only. Otherwise your using battery life to GPS track yourself all day long for no reason. If you need it (ie, dial 911) the location will turn on.

Erik