Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Ok, They sold me the whole show.

I think I was so happy that Verizon was finally available I just didn't care. My wife and I have had each treo available (outside of the 90) and the only downside to me was NOT being able to use on Verizon which has the best reception here in the North East.

This may answer a few questions since I spent half the day with a rep on the phone..(or so it seemed) and their website is VERY confusing...

I chose the "America's Choice Plan"..400 minutes @$39.95 with unlimited night time..yada yada..I took the 5mb national access plan since the insisted I would need a plan for web and email and the service is a great deal faster than others. Who knows... Now that I'm hearing that minutes might cover me I might dump the excess and increase the minutes. We'll see.

Anyone have a speed experience with National access yet? One thing I'm interested in but they could not answer the question yet...(surprise) is the total loss coverage. I could never find a full coverage and I really wonder if the plan will cover the Treo.

BTW, anyone interested in 2 gsm models.. excellent condition? I'm throwing them up on Ebay as I always do when I upgrade phones...

Bottom line...just to get my Verizon back WITH my treo is my own personal nirvana. Now the ace... that's another story all together...
    I spent a long time on the phone with a customer service rep on Wednesday after I recieved my treo 600 regarding this very issue. I was originally told by a sales rep that he did not think the phone would be covered because it is so expensive, but he said he would transfer me to customer service. Apparently, Verizon uses multiple insurance carriers to provide these services, and the coverage varies by insurance provider and also the state you live in. My rep had to put me on hold to call the insurance company directly, came back and told me it was covered. Then he realized that I lived in Tennessee, and that it was another insurance company for my state. He put me on hold again, to directly verify with the company that I would receive coverage and not get any surprises later. He then added the Total Loss Coverage ($4.99) to my account and explained the coverage. For your state, I don't know which company they use...I would call customer service and get them to check directly with the insurance company. Hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks adryan..

I'm in Rhode Island so when I get the phone I'll check in to it.

Good luck with it. I'm not sure if you've had the Treo before but it is fantastic!
    Scott