1.    #1  
    I have a new Treo 600 via Verizon (in the CA Bay Area) and I am still trying to get things figured out -- and trying to see if the Wireless Sync program can do what I'd like.

I was syncing my old Palm device (and would like to do the same now w/ the Treo) to two computers -- my laptop and my secretary's desktop. We are both using Outlook, but locally on each computer -- we do not have Exchange running. On her computer, all I want to sync is the Contacts and Calendar -- i.e., the Calendar and Contacts folders on her desktop, my laptop, and the Palm would all in sync. She has her own email on that computer that I do NOT want to sync to the Treo.

I would like to do the following:
    1) set up the wireless sync to get my email from our POP3 server -- that seems easy enough - and I think I can figure that one out. I assume I can configure it to leave stuff on the POP3 server, correct?
    2) also set up the wireless sync to my secretary's desktop (which is always on) to send and receive Calendar & Contact updates -- and avoid having to set up a hard-wired sync to that computer.

Can this be done? How? If not, do any of you have another suggestion?

Thanks.
    Check out my post about wireless sync problems.. i'm running into the same issue, basically I want to sync portions of my business life (calendar, to-do, notes) and portions of my personal life (email, calendar, to-do, contacts) but not have the work e-mail download, or have the work computer sync the personal contacts..

The capability is in the software but for whatever reason it appears verizon has locked it down so that it syncs everything! I'm not sure why this is.
    Not sure the answers but I would like to post another question as well. Is there a way to know if you have mail other than it making a sound? Meaning if I am on the main phone screen can it have an icon to tell me I have mail like it does when I have voicemail? Also, can you change the sound it plays when you recieve new e-mail, if so where? Thanks for any help in advance.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, Kevin922, for directing me to the other post. I think the first time I read that, I didn't think it was the same issue as mine. Doesn't sound like anyone's figured out what's going on, yet.
    I have a question about using wireless sync with a pop3 account. The online wireless sync program says that it only checks pop3 email every hour. It then "pushes" it to the treo. However, does that mean my treo is only getting email every hour as the pop3 is only being checked every hour? Is there a way to make it check more frequently (i.e. push the email right when it is sent)?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ksscher
    However, does that mean my treo is only getting email every hour as the pop3 is only being checked every hour? Is there a way to make it check more frequently (i.e. push the email right when it is sent)?

Thanks!
    As I have experienced it, you would seem to be correct. It will poll your POP3 account once every hour and send it to you handheld and it will also be available on the webview.

I do not believe that you can get it to poll the POP3 accounts any more than once every hour. Only the Exchange/Lotus Notes accounts are pushed. I don't know of any solution that would allow you to get push e-mail on a POP3.

Push with IMAP, yes. But push with POP3, no.