Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is a selling point, but posted it just to keep ya in the loop.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    BEDMINSTER, N.J. ; MILPITAS, Calif., and SAN JOSE, Calif., -/July 19, 2004 - The Wi-Fi Technology Forum/- Verizon Wireless, America's leading wireless service provider, palmOne, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLMO) and Intellisync Corporation (Nasdaq: SYNC) announced that the award-winning TreoTM 600 smartphone is now available to Verizon Wireless customers along with a new release of Wireless Sync, Verizon Wirelessí always-on e-mail service powered by Intellisync.
    http://www.wi-fitechnology.com/displayarticle1309.html
  2. #2  
    I'm using the always-on wireless sync with my Kyocera 7135 and it's awesome. It's is absolutely a great selling point for the Treo. The ability to do push e-mail on the Treo is even better. On the 7135 it polls the redirector for updates, but on the Treo it's SMS based push.

    I've only worked with it a day and it's easily one of the strongest features for both the Treo and the 7135.

    I can't wait to get my Treo 600 this week and try Wireless Sync on it. Too cool.
  3. #3  
    Guys, terribly sorry to ask - but I don't know much about Wireless Sync. Can someone kindly tell me if this is compatable with my Apple apps (i.e. Mail, Address Book, etc.) and iSync? Am I even asking the right question??!

    Cursory searches here have not revealed much. Thanks in advance.

    My Treo arrives tomorrow morning! I just can't sleep. What a herb I am.
    Last edited by illustreous; 07/19/2004 at 10:40 PM.
  4. #4  
    I purchased my Treo via phone on Monday and while they had a price for the unlimited wireless data synch of $49.99, they said it would not be available for the Treo 600 for 2-3 weeks. I found that strange since 1 hour after I was told it was unavailable the press release came out on it, but I called back and could not purchase it. Has anybody actually purchased this yet or have I been told a tale? I
  5. #5  
    I could have but i chose not to because the verizon data guy said it wasn't needed to go online. You just need the national access plan and it will subtract from your minutes. But I could have bought the unlimited if I wanted to.

    Side note. It appears that some CS know things and some dont. It took 4 call with for different CSs before I was able to get the additional 100$ off. It seems that some are willing to look and help you and others are not and there is no rhyme or reason to it. It just depends on there mood.

    Keep asking...someone knows.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Guys, terribly sorry to ask - but I don't know much about Wireless Sync. Can someone kindly tell me if this is compatable with my Apple apps (i.e. Mail, Address Book, etc.) and iSync? Am I even asking the right question??!

    Cursory searches here have not revealed much. Thanks in advance.

    My Treo arrives tomorrow morning! I just can't sleep. What a herb I am.
    You are asking the right question. Unfortunately, I don't believe that it is compatible with Apple. When I go to the Configure Account page, it only offers software for Microsoft Windows.

    Sorry.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrosnick
    I purchased my Treo via phone on Monday and while they had a price for the unlimited wireless data synch of $49.99, they said it would not be available for the Treo 600 for 2-3 weeks. I found that strange since 1 hour after I was told it was unavailable the press release came out on it, but I called back and could not purchase it. Has anybody actually purchased this yet or have I been told a tale? I
    It's available. Unfortunately, as Citi says in the post below yours, sometimes certain reps just don't know all the facts.

    But it is available, in fact, I had them put the package onto my account. I simply referred to it as the unlimited Express Network for PDAs. The price should be $45 a month when you have a voice plan of $39.99 or higher.

    She did NOT know about the $100 discount (which apparently is a service credit), which was ok with me only because I will deal with my corporate rep today about it and have the credit applied to my account. But even fewer reps seem to know about that. Imagine that!
  8. #8  
    My Business CSR rep knew about the 100.00 and gave it off the phone, not in the form of a service credit... So i guess that discount is available to anyone, not just business customers?
  9. #9  
    My treo is on it's way and I am a little confused about this. Do I need to buy a data plan to get the sync option or will it just take from my minutes on my current calling plan? Also, how exactly does it work. Do I need to have Outlook alsways running on my desktop?
  10. #10  
    What exactly do I need to ask for to get the extra $100 off. I asked for the advanced device credit and the guy said there was not one available.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin0306
    What exactly do I need to ask for to get the extra $100 off. I asked for the advanced device credit and the guy said there was not one available.
    How much money do you spend on your services? I think that is a very important variable. The more you spend and the more phones you have give the CS more flexibility in what they can and can't give. My lady specifically said "It depends on how much you spend a month" It's just a matter of rolling the dice. You just have to find a nice one that is willing to accomodate you.
  12. #12  
    Where are you guys configuring or even accessing this whole Wireless Sync thing? I just received my T600 today and have the unlimited data plan, but can't find anything about the wireless sync online. Please help!
    Matthew
  13. #14  
    Follow-up question:

    I ordered through telesales (b2c) yesterday and received the Treo today (gosh!). When I spoke with telesales the rep said he knew nothing of this $100 service credit. Now, I did pick up a voice plan of 39.99+ and an unlimited data plan. I'm thinking about giving this guy a call and giving him a piece of my mind.

    Is there a way I can call and have them apply the service credit to the phone even after I've received it - esp. with real threats of returning the phone, etc.? Currently, I have 2 lines and spend about $120/month. I've also never been late on a single payment and have had VZW since before it was VZW.

    Thanks in advance.

    Please help!

    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    How much money do you spend on your services? I think that is a very important variable. The more you spend and the more phones you have give the CS more flexibility in what they can and can't give. My lady specifically said "It depends on how much you spend a month" It's just a matter of rolling the dice. You just have to find a nice one that is willing to accomodate you.
  14. #15  
    Replying to my own post, but just thought I'd let you guys know that it could be done. A CSR (non-telesales) looked at my situation and applied a $100 service credit to my account.

    It can be done!

    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Follow-up question:

    I ordered through telesales (b2c) yesterday and received the Treo today (gosh!). When I spoke with telesales the rep said he knew nothing of this $100 service credit. Now, I did pick up a voice plan of 39.99+ and an unlimited data plan. I'm thinking about giving this guy a call and giving him a piece of my mind.

    Is there a way I can call and have them apply the service credit to the phone even after I've received it - esp. with real threats of returning the phone, etc.? Currently, I have 2 lines and spend about $120/month. I've also never been late on a single payment and have had VZW since before it was VZW.

    Thanks in advance.

    Please help!
  15. #16  
    The $100 reduction I received was due to me subscribing to an unlimited plan.
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Replying to my own post, but just thought I'd let you guys know that it could be done. A CSR (non-telesales) looked at my situation and applied a $100 service credit to my account.

    It can be done!
    Good job man, and now that I think of it. I went through non telesales also. I called just to ask about data services and I talked to her for like 30 minutes finding out about all my options. When she said it could be done I bought then and there. I think they are more allowing than telesales.
  17.    #18  
    Just saw a VW/T600 wireless synch ad in today's Wall Street Journal. Looking at the photo of the VW T600, there looks to be a separate application in the Palm menu with the above mentioned-name. Looks really groovy, but of course, they don't mention price.

    Makes me wonder what magic VW has in store when the Treo Ace is launched. By then, hopefuly its data plan will be comparible to Sprint's, though I'm not holding my breath.

    ###
  18. #19  
    I hate to be dumb about this.. but nobody answered WHAT IS WIRELESS SYNC?
  19. #20  
    This is the Verizon Website link that describes Wireless Sync:

    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...relesssync.jsp

    This is the link to the User Guide:

    https://www.wirelesssync.vzw.com/en/ClientUserGuide.pdf

    Here is a link to the quickstart guide:

    https://www.wirelesssync.vzw.com/en/QuickStartGuide.pdf

    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by SteveNYC; 07/23/2004 at 10:26 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions