1.    #1  
    The current plan that I'm on has 2000 Anytime minutes, free long distance, nationwide roaming, unlimited SMS, unlimited PCS to PCS calling, and free Vision for $85 / month. To that I've added roadside rescue $4, equipment replacement $4 and my wife's phone $20 - for a total of $113 / month.

I called customer service today, because we moved to a new state and I want local numbers on my phones. I was informed that the plan that I'm on now is grandfathered, and not portable to my new area... To get the same service I'm now looking at $100 /month for 2000 minutes, $15 for Vision, $5 for unlimited SMS, $5 for unlimited PCS to PCS, $20 for the wife's phone, $4 for insurance, and $4 for roadside rescue. A total package worth $153! All I want to do is get new numbers, continue my 5 year relationship with Sprint, and keep everything else the same and I'm looking at $40 more per month! How crazy is that?

Dunc
    I would suggest you keep your current numbers until your contract expires. I have a feeling that once you're out of contract they'll discover that your plane is "suddenly" portable to your area.
    I would try posting something like that on HowardForums.com Sprint CSR's monitor said forum and often are willing to help when others aren't.
  4.    #4  
    I don't have a contract to expire. When I went from the 300 to the 600 I said "No Dice" and wouldn't sign on for another year. My phones are portable, but I'm going to pay even more if I go to Verizon.

Dunc
    I would keep calling until I get someone that knows what they are talking about. A grandfathered plan doesnt mean that by changing phone numbers, your plan has to also change.

I have a friend that recently moved to another state; her plan did not change; she has the same $85 deal, just a different phone number to go along with her new area code.
    Knowledge is power and whomever you spoke with was lacking power.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Call Sprint and once you get someone on the phone, tell them that you wish to be transferred to an "account retention" rep. Explain that this prediciment is making you seriously consider dropping Sprint alltogether.

Not only will you get to keep your grandfathered plan, you'll likely come off with a better overall deal.

Regular CS reps will often give you the runaround. The Retention guys are there to make sure you don't leave Sprint. See my posting below about my recent good Sprint interaction.

D
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
    I'm on that same $85 plan - they told me I needed to buy vision for $15 for unlimited data, even though my original plan includes "wireless web" - were you able to access the net with wireless web instead of paying more for Vision?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    I'm on that same $85 plan - they told me I needed to buy vision for $15 for unlimited data, even though my original plan includes "wireless web" - were you able to access the net with wireless web instead of paying more for Vision?
    they are full of crap. the $85 plan includes unlimited vision.

call again and get a different rep.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    I don't have a contract to expire. When I went from the 300 to the 600 I said "No Dice" and wouldn't sign on for another year. My phones are portable, but I'm going to pay even more if I go to Verizon.

Dunc

Your not talking to the right person. You need to ***** like hell and threaten to cancel your account (which may be a good idea if they still don't accomodate you) before they forward you to the retention department. Then you can get them to negotiate and give you the local numbers you want. Also keep in mind that Sprint usually offers dicounted rates in the fall before Christmas etc. Thus the plans you want may be offered later sesonally or even locally in select markets. You need to go post over at the Sprint forums at Hofo's to find out if there any new plans coming out and if any of the CSR's over there can help you out...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Post on howardforums...

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    you all are getting screwed.... my plan w/ sprint is:<br>1500 anytime mins - $15<br>PCS Vision Professional Pack (unlimited internet, sms, picture uploads, everything) - $15<br>Coast to coast calling area - $5<br>Untlimited night and weekends - $10<br><br>for all of that its only $45 a month. cheap! maybe its because im a reseller and get buisness rates. haha im lucky
    Erick Marshall - Sprint PCS T600
    Vision WAS included free with upper tier plans, but they eliminated the freebie when they recently jacked up their rates. If you're on an old plan, you might still be able to add it for free. Or, if you get the right cust svc rep, you can get it as an incentive for renewing your contract. Took me 4 tries.
    I just moved to a different state 2 weeks ago, and switched my Sprint number. I was on a "retention" plan, and they told me I had to choose a normal plan. I called bullsh*t, called retention directly. Told them I switched states, and wanted to stick with Sprint but only for the same plan. They did it in 2 seconds. Go to the FAQ on www.sprintusers.com, where they list the direct numbers to the retention department. The normal CSRs are just reading off a screen--the retention reps will get it right the first time.

Oh yeah--I had grandfathered options like first incoming minute free, unlimited text messaging, etc. Those options disappeared accidentally during the switch and are technically no longer available, but because they knew I had those options previously they were able to figure out how to reinstate them within an hour. The retention rep said if they weren't able to restore my grandfathered options, she would find some way to compensate me.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY