Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just flash my Sprint treo 600 with Verizon treo 600 firmware. Works like a charm.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...on801/treo.jpg
    Last edited by justin801; 07/17/2004 at 11:05 PM.
    1. Any difference in signal or features?
    2. Can you post the firmware file or provide a link?
    First of all ... WHY would you load the Verizon firmware on your Sprint phone? Secondly, won't that void your warranty somehow? And finally, is that the firmware posted on the palmOne website?
    Yes, please share the Verizon firmware! Many of us have been looking for it!

Thanks
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    First of all ... WHY would you load the Verizon firmware on your Sprint phone? Secondly, won't that void your warranty somehow? And finally, is that the firmware posted on the palmOne website?
    So I can used on Verizon network. I got the firmware from a friend that work for PalmOne.
    Could you share the firmware please?
    me want... =)
    -- derby
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    The firmware would be awesome, because then i could get the Sprint Treo600 from BestBuy (and return my PDA and actually make money since the PDA was $550 bucks), upgrade it with the latest firmware, and get such a better phone Would i need to get a serial cable? Someone should host it for everyone on this board.....

TREOCENTAL ROCKS!
    Tray
    I'm sure that myTreo.net would be happy to add it to their extensive firmware download library. Otherwise, I could host it on a site with decent bandwidth.
    I can host it along with the Verizon switching FAQ page...
    It would be great to have the real firmware for using the phone on the VZW network.
    so is anyone going to actually host it or can someone send it to me? I have a converted sprint treo and i would love to have the verizon firmware so maybe i can get rid of some of the resetting i'm getting with text messaging and such.
    I can host it, but someone obviously has to give it to me first.

maswell[at]mac[dot]com
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Contact mines, he said that he has it.....
    Does anyone know how to make a copy of the firmware? What software do you use to do it?
    I _think_ you use the Kyocera programming tool to "backup" the firmware. I could be wrong...
    I think we have a list of anxious converters waiting for that firmware. We have a number of willing hosters as well. It would be great if someone would pass that along.
    Does using the firmware mean there's no need to go through the lengthy process in the FAQ? Please explain, if possible.
    Thanks,
    Jason
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    There are people i know who have the firmware....how would you use the verizon firmware on the sprint treo 600? IE What software would you use to upgrade the Sprint Treo 600's firmware with the Verizon firmware?

Tray
    Last edited by trayip; 07/21/2004 at 05:39 PM.
    It seems that someone could extract the files from the Sprint 1.20 updater and substitute the Sprint firmware file with the Verizon one. Also, I believe the KWPST tool will flash and backup firmware as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast