Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The bigger question is "What are the advantages"?
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    The bigger question is "What are the advantages"?
    Oh let's see....

Picture mail works, no 'converting' or patching, a supported (eg VZW) configuration....

so where can i get the friggin firmware? =)
    -- derby
    Quote Originally Posted by BoeingPilot
    Oh let's see....

Picture mail works, no 'converting' or patching, a supported (eg VZW) configuration....

Picturemail's worked since about the end of the first month for me, especially when I wrote my own entire back end. What are the settings that I should use instead then?

The converting/patching you only do once.

Has anyone called for support and gotten a decent answer and not been told to completely delete everything on the unit?
    i use tuctboh's picture mail so that's not an issue for me but i would like to have the firmware to fix my text messaging resetting issues and stuff.
    So I will finally have access to a Verizon Treo 600 early next week. I have been trying to figure out the best way to backup and restore the firmware. KWPST seems to only load new firmware (not backup existing). Does BackupBuddy do this? Any ideas? I will of course share the firmware if I can get it extracted from the phone.
    hmmm, how come the guy that did this just disappeared?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Because either 1. He's lying, or 2. He doesn't want to jeopardize his relationship with his "friend at PalmOne"
    Since there haven't been any suggestions, I am going to try using Rom Transfer Extension 3.3 and Syncwizard 1.9.9 to see if I can successfully extract the Verizon ROM and copy it to the Sprint Treo. I'll post my results!
    Thanks larat, keep us posted. We would love to see if it works.
    Well, I have successfully extracted the Verizon ROM using ROM Transfer Extension. The file size is 8,912,896 bytes, which is considerably larger than the Sprint ROM (7,340,032 bytes).

Now the question is how to flash the Verizon ROM on the Sprint Treo.

Any ideas?
    I wish there was a way to extract the "installer" from the last Sprint update.

The safest one would probably from that Kyocera software used to "convert" the Treo.

If JackFlash/Sprat support the Treo, we could have used that.

Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I emailed the makers of Jacklfash/Sprat and they said the Treo 600 was not compatible with their software

Tray
    Quote Originally Posted by larat
    Now the question is how to flash the Verizon ROM on the Sprint Treo.

Any ideas?
    There seems to be a "how to" at:
    http://www.good.com/downloads/Treo_ROM_Updating.pdf
    ps....I'd like the VZ update too, I was running my Sprint phone on VZ network when it stopped accessing the wireless network (not it just reboots everytime).
    Hey larat, does that link help you at all?
    No, it doesn't. All it does it tell you how to download the updater from the palmone site and run it. It there WERE an updater on the palmone site, we could all just download and install it.

It seems that the 8MB ROM isn't usable anyway, since the ROM size on the Treo 600 is only 4 MB (the rom is compressed), so what I have is the uncompressed ROM.

I think we have no choice but to wait for a Verizon updater from P1.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12