Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Well, with the economy being what it is, I saw an ad in last Sunday's paper for jobs at VW...and bit the bullet by calling the 1800 number. I have a phone interview tomorrow (Friday, 7/16). I have other non-phone sales related job leads on the horizon, so this is like a back-up plan or my plan B (my apologies for people on this board who work at VW.)

    At the time of applying, I did not know about VW's outrageous data plan. But I also figured since VW's T600 was coming out soon I might be able to switch from Sprint to VW early next year and get a good deal/discount (maybe get the VW Ace if its available). Who knows what will happen?

    Late last year up until January of 2004, I worked at Sprint as a temp. (Have been a customer since 2002). And I figure anything has to be better than working for Sprint. Sprint treats its employees like S***. Case in point: when they had lay-offs, they immediately canceled my Sprint phone plan without any advance notice. I had to get a new phone number and everything for my T600. There are other horror stories I could tell you from real Sprint employees, but I digress.

    Here's hoping VW does a better job with its employees like they do with its customer service (which I hear is excellent).

    I'll keep you posted.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Well, with the economy being what it is, I saw an ad in last Sunday's paper for jobs at VW...and bit the bullet by calling the 1800 number. I have a phone interview tomorrow (Friday, 7/16). I have other non-phone sales related job leads on the horizon, so this is like a back-up plan or my plan B (my apologies for people on this board who work at VW.)

    At the time of applying, I did not know about VW's outrageous data plan. But I also figured since VW's T600 was coming out soon I might be able to switch from Sprint to VW early next year and get a good deal/discount (maybe get the VW Ace if its available). Who knows what will happen?

    Late last year up until January of 2004, I worked at Sprint as a temp. (Have been a customer since 2002). And I figure anything has to be better than working for Sprint. Sprint treats its employees like S***. Case in point: when they had lay-offs, they immediately canceled my Sprint phone plan without any advance notice. I had to get a new phone number and everything for my T600. There are other horror stories I could tell you from real Sprint employees, but I digress.

    Here's hoping VW does a better job with its employees like they do with its customer service (which I hear is excellent).

    I'll keep you posted.
    Verizon expects much from their employees, and reward well (second to Nextel). I live in a tier II market (smaller city) and there a couple verizon sales reps who make over $100,000 per year. Not bad for a relatively simple sales job. If you can become a B2B rep all the better.
  3. #3  
    You say you applied, but you didnt say whether or not you actually got the job.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    You say you applied, but you didnt say whether or not you actually got the job.
    he said he got an interview today, so....
  5. #5  
    $100,000 a year as a sales rep?!! Is that in store?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    $100,000 a year as a sales rep?!! Is that in store?
    This is no longer the case. I had a friend that was a sales manager at a verizon store and was making big bucks (Enough to buy his Infiniti G35) last year and then they changed their compensation structure and he was making like 50-60 percent less. He ended up quitting and went into Home Loan financing. Just an FYI
  7.    #7  
    Good to know on the compensation structure.

    I had my phone interview earlier today. It well enough that I have yet another phone interview next Monday. Plan to stop by a Verizon store over the weekend and apply there in person as well, even be picking up some sales literature.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    This is no longer the case. I had a friend that was a sales manager at a verizon store and was making big bucks (Enough to buy his Infiniti G35) last year and then they changed their compensation structure and he was making like 50-60 percent less. He ended up quitting and went into Home Loan financing. Just an FYI

    That may be true for the sales manager as well as salespeople. It is possible that they changed his (sales manager's) commission structure and not the sales staff themselves though. Of course my info is old. It was accurate as of September of last year. Yes, they do work in a retail store but there is another caveat. I live in a small/medium city but with many surrounding rural areas. For that reason Verizon with their analog coverage is better suited for some folks here.
  9.    #9  
    Just had the second phone interview this morning, It went so well that I have an in-person interview this Thursday at some Verizon Job Fair in Walnut Creek. I'm keeping my expecations low, as most job fairs these days are p*** poor.
  10. #10  
    Good luck with that. As a former Verizon wireless employee (I left less than a month ago) I can tell you that $100,000 for a salesperson is possible, although not entirely probable. There are those who make this kind of money, although probably only 2 or so in each market. The average retail rep makes somewhere around 40-50k a year if they are in a decent store. Business reps make more. As with any job, the harder you work, the more you will make. They are a really great company to work for and offer some great benefits.

    Unfortunately i left a little early to get a treo and now I gotta pay $$$ for it.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocbrody
    Good luck with that. As a former Verizon wireless employee (I left less than a month ago) I can tell you that $100,000 for a salesperson is possible, although not entirely probable. There are those who make this kind of money, although probably only 2 or so in each market. The average retail rep makes somewhere around 40-50k a year if they are in a decent store. Business reps make more. As with any job, the harder you work, the more you will make. They are a really great company to work for and offer some great benefits.

    Unfortunately i left a little early to get a treo and now I gotta pay $$$ for it.
    I agree with you there, ocbrody! One has to work for it. Many years ago when I sold phones I'd sell (passively) everywhere I went. I'd skip breaks and tell other co-workers to take it easy in the back if they wanted (they always wanted) while I handled the customers. Didn't matter to me if they were a sale at the moment; treat 'em right and they'll come back while bringing their friends.

    Good luck Kev!
  12.    #12  
    Well, I had the face-to-face interview today. Other than taking out half my gas tank to get there, it was...okay. The whole "past behavior indictative of future behavior" thing was a bit odd, though. No questions/scenarios about the VW job itself, which would have been more relevant and applicable to the subject at hand. (Most interviews are geared this way.)

    Did my best to answer the questions in the way they wanted, but wether I get the job or not is anybody's guess. Note: I'm usually great at interviewing, but this VW cookie-cutter interview process left me thinking that some tweaking of the process should be in order. How long have they been interviewing this way?

Posting Permissions