1.    #1  
    Ok, I've been watching and reading for months and months, and I've finally got to the point where I can upgrade my treo 300. So the big quetion is, do I make the commitment now to the 600? or do I hold out for God knows how many months to see if the Ace appears.

Thoughts??? Comments??? let's have it...
    If the 300 can accomplish everything that you need, then wait. It could be a long wait... If not, then jump on the 600 now. Just my opinion.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    My guestimate for availability of the so-called "Ace/610" is this year sometime in the mid-September to mid-October timeframe, which is 2 to 3 months from now, and I cannot imagine PalmOne and other providers not giving some kind of discount for upgrading to it, so if you there are things with the current 600 that will make life better for you now, I say go for it and get it now and get comfy with it and be ready for the "Ace/610" when it comes.
    Although I loathe to disuade anyone from taking the Treo plunge , I'ld personally probably wait a couple months to see what pans out of all the Ace rumors at this point...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by jrpool88
    do I make the commitment now to the 600? or do I hold out for God knows how many months to see if the Ace appears.
    The "TREO Ace" is literally nothing more than a powerpoint slide for some presentation that was given God-Knows-When-and-For-What-Reason by or for Sprint.

It doesn't seem...cost-effective...to this reader to base ANY decisions off of anything about what could be nothing more than some presentation-giver's dreams.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    The "TREO Ace" is literally nothing more than a powerpoint slide for some presentation that was given God-Knows-When-and-For-What-Reason by or for Sprint.

It doesn't seem...cost-effective...to this reader to base ANY decisions off of anything about what could be nothing more than some presentation-giver's dreams.

Yup... exactly opposite what he said!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Ok, I went ahead and took the plunge... hopefully there will be a nice upgrade offer for the Ace when it comes out. Thanks for your advice... Now all I need to do is spend the next weekend loading apps. :-) Already looking forward to playing with my new toy.