Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Hey Guys,

I bought a Sony Clie NX80 from BestBuy around 8 months ago and the battery is starting to go. Luckily, i purchased it with a replacement plan. Do you guys think there is anyway for me to get a Treo 600 on the VERIZON network through BestBuy? I know i can go to them and complain and ask for a replacement, and since the model is discontinued (and sony no longer makes PDAs), they would have to either give me a new pda or something of comparable value, or store credit. Do you think i could go to Verizon, for example, buy the Treo 600 there, and show them the receipt and they reimburse me?

Trayip
    No, I don't think they'll let you do that. what about sprint at bb?

Of note: when my ps2 broke I learned that the store would give me an even exchange or the current price. if I mailed the item in, though, the insurance co that handles the waranty programs would mail me store credit for the orig price. so I got $300 back and bought a new ps2 for $199. the company recommended this, btw. took about 2 wks for refund to arrive. defintely do this if you can.
    My Treo rocks!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    The problem is, my pda isn't really broken. The battery seems weaker, and what i really want is a new toy So i have to convince them that i need a new product. I would send it in if i know for sure that i would get full store credit. What i'm thinking of doing is purchasing the Sprint's Treo 600 and converting it. But i've read discussions that the network quality is not as good. Is this true? Should i wait for somehintg else at BB i may want and just buy the Treo 600 from Verizon themselves (With insurance of course)?

What do you guys think?
    Tray
    I can only say I've been very happy with sprint. I think I read that vzn doesn't have unlimited data service like sprint does. you may want to look around the postings
    My Treo rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by trayip
    The problem is, my pda isn't really broken. The battery seems weaker, and what i really want is a new toy So i have to convince them that i need a new product. I would send it in if i know for sure that i would get full store credit. What i'm thinking of doing is purchasing the Sprint's Treo 600 and converting it. But i've read discussions that the network quality is not as good. Is this true? Should i wait for somehintg else at BB i may want and just buy the Treo 600 from Verizon themselves (With insurance of course)?

What do you guys think?
    Tray
    I don't think they replace a pda with a phone.
    I would suggest asking Best Buy to credit the cost of replacement PDA and pay the difference for the phone. You may get lucky.