Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    All,

As a power business user, I am happy to see the Treo 600 is finally available, but I still have some reservations about buying one just yet. Two of my main reservations are related to the only real "weaknesses" I see that Verizon has compared to other providers:

- Inability to swap SIM card to a smaller more convenient weekend/back-up phone, especially if using the bulkier Treo 600
    - Lack of available competitively priced data service at $20 or less

To hopefully rectify this situation, I contacted Customer Support yesterday and they very receptively logged and submitted my request for the following:
    - No charge call forwarding to a secondary VZW phone. Today, if you forward your cell phone to any other phone, you count any forwarded call against your plan minutes. Not charging minutes for forwarding would counterbalance the lack of SIM card flexibility.
    - $20 or less unlimited data plan. $45 or whatever is far too much when the competition is far less and you can still leverage VZW's coverage (to an extent.)

They claimed that all requests are forwarded for consideration by some customer satisfaction panel and then forwarded to product mgmt accordingly. If enough people call, they will hopefully seriously consider both requests.
  2. pjs
    You can already switch your service to (almost) any CDMA phone that you can get your hands on. Log in to you account on the VZW website and you can key in the ESN of the phone you want to use. It only takes a few minutes for the switch to take effect. You can also do this over the phone with their customer service folks.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply, but that means every time I want to switch I have to go online, enter the information, and wait for it to take effect. That's not going to help if I'm away from a computer or in the boonies with only analog coverage or when my phone dies or for whatever reason I want to switch to the secondary phone. SIM card takes only 30 seconds to swap. I want to be able to simply forward my number to the secondary phone at no charge. If I did it today, they would charge me double minutes.
    I would love to have $20-25 unlimited data plan. Paying the $44.99, but only because it fits under my expense budget for wireless
    Way back before the Treo 600 came out, I had Verizon and a StarTac phone. I had to call the CSR and since my contract was up tried to do a little negotiating for features I wanted in exchange for a renewal.
    The answer I got was along the lines of "Verizon is the biggest and the best cellular provider, we don't negotiate renewals." If that's still the attitude, I doubt they will change their ways soon.
    Pete
    Question:

I am interested in accessing my IMAP e-mail with VersaMail 2.6. The program allows you to auto check your mail every few minutes. However, if I dont have a data plan (just access web using minutes) how will this feature work? Will it using my airtime everytime it tries to sync my mail? Is it insane to think of using the treo without a data plan? Does using a data plan allow you to connect any faster than just using your minutes?

Also, if I did get a data plan, is it $45 a month for unlimited access? I seem to get a different answer from everyone. THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by ear_canal
    Question:

I am interested in accessing my IMAP e-mail with VersaMail 2.6. The program allows you to auto check your mail every few minutes. However, if I dont have a data plan (just access web using minutes) how will this feature work? Will it using my airtime everytime it tries to sync my mail? Is it insane to think of using the treo without a data plan? Does using a data plan allow you to connect any faster than just using your minutes?

Also, if I did get a data plan, is it $45 a month for unlimited access? I seem to get a different answer from everyone. THANKS!
    I've answered your question elsewhere, but apparently you just don't want to believe me.