Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    There's a working model to play with at the VZW store on 57th and 6th Ave in NYC. The sales guys basically ignored me, so I don't know if they're taking orders or not - but it was nice to see an actual unit in the store
    I just ordered one in my local retail store in CT, supposedly going to be delivered tomorrow by 10:30AM. We;ll see.

As a point... VZ doesn't stock any of the Smartphones in their stores, they are all shipped from their warehouses (thats what two stores told me).
    I placed my order online at www.palmone.com . Called palmone to see when it would ship and was told in approximately 1 week. I'm going to keep my order in place with them, and if I can't find it in a store before then, at least they'll ship it to me in a week. I have a feeling this thing will be sold out fast so I want to make sure I at least have an order in now.
    Here’s my adventure. I couldn’t find a store in D.C./MD area, so I called VZW direct fulfillment. They have the phone in stock and will send it out today by Fed Ex. The first person I talked to worked for over an hour to get me the “new every two” discount, but couldn’t make it work. To make a long story short, she eventually just gave me a $100 credit on my bill. She then switched me to sales and I ordered the phone for tomorrow delivery. The only two items of note:

First, the salesman, who was very nice, tried to sell me the unlimited data plan. When I explained I was having EN come out of my minutes, he said he didn’t know how that could be, but he agreed to leave everything as I had it before. Hopefully, it will still work.

Second, he said that as soon as I turned on the T600, it would be activated and my 7135 would be deactivated. I tried to get him to allow me to call and activate it after I got the Treo, since I can’t be without a cell phone and I wanted to have time to charge the battery and load the Palm apps, etc. He said he couldn’t do it that way. I guess I will have to wait until late evening to turn it on and have the 7135 deactivated. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day.

I am now trying to get hold of Dan’s Cellular so I can have them Fed Ex a bunch of accessories, but I’m not having much luck.

Ah, the fun of getting a new toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    Isn't that the truth! I don't think I've been this excited about a new toy in years... ok maybe months. I really hope mine ships out today.
    M
    Here’s my adventure. I couldn’t find a store in D.C./MD area, so I called VZW direct fulfillment. They have the phone in stock and will send it out today by Fed Ex. The first person I talked to worked for over an hour to get me the “new every two” discount, but couldn’t make it work. To make a long story short, she eventually just gave me a $100 credit on my bill. She then switched me to sales and I ordered the phone for tomorrow delivery. The only two items of note:

First, the salesman, who was very nice, tried to sell me the unlimited data plan. When I explained I was having EN come out of my minutes, he said he didn’t know how that could be, but he agreed to leave everything as I had it before. Hopefully, it will still work.

Second, he said that as soon as I turned on the T600, it would be activated and my 7135 would be deactivated. I tried to get him to allow me to call and activate it after I got the Treo, since I can’t be without a cell phone and I wanted to have time to charge the battery and load the Palm apps, etc. He said he couldn’t do it that way. I guess I will have to wait until late evening to turn it on and have the 7135 deactivated. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day.

I am now trying to get hold of Dan’s Cellular so I can have them Fed Ex a bunch of accessories, but I’m not having much luck.

What number did you call? I've called the DC-Baltimore salesline and I keep getting the same crap about the Treo not yet being in their systems.
    Second, he said that as soon as I turned on the T600, it would be activated and my 7135 would be deactivated. I tried to get him to allow me to call and activate it after I got the Treo, since I can’t be without a cell phone and I wanted to have time to charge the battery and load the Palm apps, etc. He said he couldn’t do it that way. I guess I will have to wait until late evening to turn it on and have the 7135 deactivated. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day..
    You should be able to charge up and sync the Treo with your computer without actually turning on the phone -- just be careful you don't turn it on by accident. (But what do I know? I'm still using a 270 and T-Mobile, which has the advantage of the SIM card that you can just pop out of one device and pop into another.)

I can also dial up to my Earthlink account and T-Mobile just charges it against my minutes, by the way. Very handy for brief e-mail checks.

Best,
    Stuart
    Well, I went over to the Montgomery Mall Verizon store and the guy told me that he had checked this morning for another customer and that the Treo WASN'T available yet. I put up some fuss and asked him to check again, and behold, it was NOW available! That was around 12:30pm. So I ordered one and they said 2 business days, it would be shipped to my work address. I'm also getting the number ported from my Nextel account to Verizon. Thought I would get some discounts or something for that, but nothing - straight up $449 with a 2 year contract. Oh well.

Funny thing is (ok, not so funny), I was was walking out of the mall and went to use my Nextel phone - NO SERVICE. They had *already* ported the number!! Damn, two days without a cell.....
    Question.. If I get a VZW treo, can I RESTORE my backup disk from the Sprint one straight to the Verizon? Or will it mess up the operating system

Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by ndirish2001
    What number did you call? I've called the DC-Baltimore salesline and I keep getting the same crap about the Treo not yet being in their systems.
    I started with their regular customer service number because I was trying to get the new every 2 discount. That number is (800) 922-0204. Once I was done with them, they transferred me directly to sales. I talked to Terry Johnson (Mr.), who was very helpful, though he was unfamiliar with having Express Network come out of your minutes. His number is 1-800-366-0043 ext. 5820.

I should be getting mine tomorrow. Good luck.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12