1.    #1  
    What are the options for email applications and service on the Treo 600 with Verizon?

It's difficult to understand what Verizon's service options are, and never having had a Palm, I don't know what app(s) one would use for email on the Treo.

I normally receive my email through POP3, and I envision that is how I would want to receive it on my Treo.

Bottom line: If I want to use a Verizon Treo to occasionally receive and send email (preferably via POP3), what Verizon service do I need and what Treo application is best, and how well do they work (speed, etc.)?

Thanks!
    Dave.
    can't answer the verizon options, but didn't the treo come with palm's "mail" app? it does pop3.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    What version is the Mail app on the Verizon Treo?
    I'm trying to set up a Verizon Treo, but it does not seem to come with any email application. There is no file on the install disc nor is there any documentation in the User Guide. The entire 'email' section is actually discussing SMS and MMS.

Any ideas why there is no email application with the Verizon Treo?
    CARTHAGO DELENDA EST
    There are lots of alternatives, free and for pay. Generally SnapperMail is the most well reviewed and widely used commercial package and it's the one I use & like (no affiliation).
    Quote Originally Posted by hesspaul
    There are lots of alternatives, free and for pay. Generally SnapperMail is the most well reviewed and widely used commercial package and it's the one I use & like (no affiliation).
    Do you know, will Snapper mail work with Act!? I know that I can set up and go get my Email from my web site like I do with outlook, but do you know if it will work seamlessly with Act!?

curt
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    Do you know, will Snapper mail work with Act!? I know that I can set up and go get my Email from my web site like I do with outlook, but do you know if it will work seamlessly with Act!?

curt

what do you mean by "work with act?" Snapper is an email client, just like outlook. It will get email from pop and imap servers.
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton User
    I'm trying to set up a Verizon Treo, but it does not seem to come with any email application. There is no file on the install disc nor is there any documentation in the User Guide. The entire 'email' section is actually discussing SMS and MMS.

Any ideas why there is no email application with the Verizon Treo?
    I would guess that they are trying to sell their own system like sprint and business connect. The sprint version didn't come with an email app
    Felipe
    what do you mean by "work with act?" Snapper is an email client, just like outlook. It will get email from pop and imap servers.

I have Act! for palm installed and the telephony works fine (that is when I am at a contact I can touch the telephone and it brings up a list of that contacts phone numbers and then I can pick and dial directly.

But that does not happen with the Email address. It does not open any way to send an e mail. I wondered if you thought that Snapper mail might open and be ready to write a new email based on touching an e mail address in another third party app like Act!.

thanks
    curt
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    I have Act! for palm installed and the telephony works fine (that is when I am at a contact I can touch the telephone and it brings up a list of that contacts phone numbers and then I can pick and dial directly.

But that does not happen with the Email address. It does not open any way to send an e mail. I wondered if you thought that Snapper mail might open and be ready to write a new email based on touching an e mail address in another third party app like Act!.

thanks
    curt
    that would depend on Act and how it deals with palm exchange. SM will register itself as the deafult mail app. Or maybe there is a pref in act that will let you choose SM as the email app.

you can email SM at support@snappermail.com and see if they have had any experience with act.
    Felipe
    Definitely get SnapperMail for your email's.
    SMS on the T600/VZW has a limit of 160 characters...ugh!
    Just signed on with Verizon myself and was wondering about the email app. Just so I'm clear some Treo's come with a mail app all dependent on which service provider it's from?
    Is this basic app available somewhere? I
    'm experimenting with Snapper and a couple of others but it seemed brain dead of Palm to create a SmartPhone with no email ability. I thought their original wioreless Palm had an email app?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Verizon has Wirless Sync - the reason your treo did not come with any email software is that you have to load a desktop monitor and then hot sync the software to the treo. If you are only using pop3, you are probably better off going with snappermail or another 3rd party app as Wireless Sync has had mixed success in actually receiving/sending email on a timely basis. Intellisync (the company that actually developed the Blackberry software for Rim) has had an extremely difficult time getting Wireless Sync to function with out bugs. See the below thread for futher detail.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=59830