Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    I've been busy all AM, so I am just getting around to activating the Treo. A few hurdles so far, nobody there seems to know how to activate this phone. I've been transferred 3 times already.. now on hold. Total call time is over 30 minutes so far.

Maybe for the majority of people that have to wait until next week, it's a blessing?
    Has any individual (NOT B2B) received his treo yet? mdlissner? I just got lucky and placed an order, but am a bit skeptical about actually receiving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rh71
    NY qualifies then huh ?

<-- waits patiently for a return call "within an hour". My regional (same county!) rep still hasn't called me back yet.
    I am not sure if she handles NYY but she will get you to the right rep for your region. I finally got to the rep in my region and was able to order. I will have one in hand tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch
    I've been busy all AM, so I am just getting around to activating the Treo. A few hurdles so far, nobody there seems to know how to activate this phone. I've been transferred 3 times already.. now on hold. Total call time is over 30 minutes so far.

Maybe for the majority of people that have to wait until next week, it's a blessing?

Actually, it turns out that the ESN on the paperwork and the ESN of the phone were different. Once we found that, it was up in a few seconds.

*22899 is the one to use for "data phones". it's a one step process instead of *228, option 1 and then *228, Option 2 (towers?)
    the t in Treo is in upper case now. hmm.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    the t in Treo is in upper case now. hmm.
    That's true on all Palmone branded treos. Matches the tungsten font
    Did Verizon strip any functionality from the Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by scase14850
    I (not a business account) tried the CS department and they just won't do it. It seems that there is a notation on the screen that indicates it is for B2B only. However, I got pretty far in the ordering process with the agent before he realized the B2B note. I guess I am waiting until Monday...
    I used the regular CS number and they were about to order for me (they knew I was a business consumer as I told them up front). After going away to prepare some forms... he came back telling me that it's not ready till the 19th. He said even though I was associated with a business that has a partnership/discount with them, I'm still a "personal liable" account so I'm with the rest of the non-business people out there. He couldn't do it. Just FYI. Not sure how some of you non-business people are getting it done... must depend on the rep... mine was a lowly custservice guy but he knew exactly what the Treo600 was. Luck of the draw... he was 1 of 4 that actually did know.

Tina and my usual regional rep still have yet to return my call (just testing at this point, I will wait till the 26th anyway).
    Last edited by rh71; 07/13/2004 at 08:38 PM.
    Scase14850 - got it this afternoon via FEDEX.

Just charged it completely and am working on doing my last sync with my 7135 so I can start the transfer process. Will activate it on line in a while.

Plan on posting some pictures of it tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner
    Scase14850 - got it this afternoon via FEDEX.

Just charged it completely and am working on doing my last sync with my 7135 so I can start the transfer process. Will activate it on line in a while.

Plan on posting some pictures of it tomorrow.
    i have the kyocera 7135 and am tempted to get the treo....please post a detailed comparision of the two, with pictures...thanks...
    Verizon site now has PalmOne and Treo listed in the accessories area.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...0%20Smartphone
    So I have a couple of questions:

if you go into the phone application, then menu, then options, then phone info
    1) what is the Firmware?
    2) what is the Software?
    3) What is the hardware?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    So I have a couple of questions:

if you go into the phone application, then menu, then options, then phone info
    1) what is the Firmware?
    2) what is the Software?
    3) What is the hardware?
    I am curious about this as well.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Software: Treo600-1.03-VZW
    Hardware: C
    PRL REV: 50174
    interesting, Sprint is only on 1.01, is that correct?

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    interesting, Sprint is only on 1.01, is that correct?
    Sprint is 1.20
    WOW!! so does the Verizon version have voice record?

Quote Originally Posted by scase14850
    Verizon site now has PalmOne and Treo listed in the accessories area.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...0%20Smartphone
    While at the VZW store today, they actually gave me the new VZEmail pamphlet that has the Treo600 in it and descriptions of all of their data plans for their smartphones. They were not displaying pamphlets yet, but had them in back. No new information that I could see, same prices reported for data. It did mention wireless sync for the plans, which I don't recall hearing about.
    Since it doesn't come with a car charger, I take it I can buy any generic one off the internet. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by trumwr
    Since it doesn't come with a car charger, I take it I can buy any generic one off the internet. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    I don't know about generic ones... you obviously have to make sure it's compatible... check ebay:

link

Everything new for the Treo 600 can be found cheaper there... just make sure the seller has a good record.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast