Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    adimiron-

did you use b2c or b2b? how much did the phone and plan set you back? it's a shame that VZ doiesn't include text messages with the unlimited data plan.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rh71
    <-- wonders if it's safe to post your ESN # on the web like that...
    He better hope they (palm1one) don't offer an upgrade program his ESN will be useless (next time blurr out your ESN#)
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    The Verizon modle looks like a CDMA Treo with GSM Pants on!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by rh71
    <-- wonders if it's safe to post your ESN # on the web like that...
    Thanks RH Working to fast too excited ... not thinking and not very bright to begin with.

Thanks for the heads up I edited my post and eliminated the pic of the back of the phone.

Thanks again

curt
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Mine is here as well. charging as I write this.

Since I've been using a Tungsten, maybe my best move it to uninstall the Palm Desktop software and reinstall the version that came with Treo?
    Sweet. I'd love to switch.
    I wonder why VZ launched the 600 with the ACE just around the corner. WHy launch old technology? Thats staying ahead of the game. How many will switch providers?
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    call verizon 1866745 4679 x 9405 ask for Tina
    I just spoke with Tina who has been overwhelmed by calls today. SHe asked me to post that she can only help people in 15 states. She is in Pittsburgh and works the states of Pennsylvania up to South Dakota. SHe is requesting that if you live outside these area to not call her. I don't know every state she covers. Thanks for posting the information but I still can't get a phone. It may have been rolled out regionally. Good luck to all who got one.
    Quote Originally Posted by nittanyjack
    I just spoke with Tina who has been overwhelmed by calls today. SHe asked me to post that she can only help people in 15 states. She is in Pittsburgh and works the states of Pennsylvania up to South Dakota. SHe is requesting that if you live outside these area to not call her. I don't know every state she covers. Thanks for posting the information but I still can't get a phone. It may have been rolled out regionally. Good luck to all who got one.
    NY qualifies then huh ?

<-- waits patiently for a return call "within an hour". My regional (same county!) rep still hasn't called me back yet.
    rh71, I have been getting somewhat a runaround too in NY. what area are you?
    Nassau
    I am not a b2b customer, I just called CS 800-922-0204 to inquire about an upgrade and they sold me the phone. It's being shipped out today, I should have it by thursday. I'm looking forward to it. He charged me 549.99 plus tax and said that i will get a $50 credit account for a 1 year contract extention. I'll let ya know when I get it.
    I just called that CS phone number. Woman I spoke with told me that no one within VZW is yet selling the phone! Ha! Then I pointed her to the news.com article and she had no explanation. Oh well...if anyone has a phone number at which a consumer can buy the phone, please post it.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Has anyone found out if PdaNet works on Verizon? I want to switch so that I can have one bill for phone and dsl, but wireless Internet is too important for me. How does verizon charge over cellphone data usage? I assume it is 144k since it is CDMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    adimiron-

did you use b2c or b2b? how much did the phone and plan set you back? it's a shame that VZ doiesn't include text messages with the unlimited data plan.
    I went through our corporate rep, though using my private account. I'm not sure how that all works.

I actually changed from a 2-year with NE2 to a 1-year with the SPIFF discount. The phone is ending up being $400, which I can handle. I'd rather get hit with an extra $50 upfront and if I decide to switch after a year, I save $125. Not too bad.

As far as I know, text messages are not included in the data plan.

I also upgraded to Fedex Overnight shipping, meaning that for $10 more I should receive the phone on Thursday.

I'll be spending the next 24-36 hours at Palmgear, shopping
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    Tried through my local store, no luck. Tried through Tina, no luck. Tried through my B2B rep, NO LUCK.

SOOOO called up a high-up in the company, got the treo on the way! yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by ksscher
    I just called that CS phone number. Woman I spoke with told me that no one within VZW is yet selling the phone! Ha! Then I pointed her to the news.com article and she had no explanation. Oh well...if anyone has a phone number at which a consumer can buy the phone, please post it.
    I (not a business account) tried the CS department and they just won't do it. It seems that there is a notation on the screen that indicates it is for B2B only. However, I got pretty far in the ordering process with the agent before he realized the B2B note. I guess I am waiting until Monday...
    "My b2b rep said they had a SPIFF until the end of the month (The term Sales "SPIFF" refers to a salesperson incentive fund that can be on any purchase-related offer). So $100 SPIFF + $100 2 year upgrade discount = $249 final price."

I'm told you can't use both discounts. $349 is the final price.
    Well I just called customer service and they WOULD NOT change my NE2 date of Aug 20 to now. That really sucks! We are talking like 30 days. We have five phones under that account and I might have to flex some muscle to get the discount. It's all crap if you ask me. If they have the phones, just sell them!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I Cant Sleep
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast