1.    #1  
    ...from VERIZON!!!

I called customer service and just did this. I received a confirmation. The pricing for the phone is as follows:

2-year: $499
    1-year: $549
    retail: $599

I thought there would be a better break on the 2-year, but they are obviously milking this phone.

Delivery is scheduled for this Friday, July 9. I'm going to call Fulfillment now to confirm this.

I'll keep everyone posted.
    what? are you sure it was a treo? :-)
  3.    #3  
    I sure damn hope so.

Anyway, I made sure the CSR repeated the order to me at least 4 times. She probably thought I was psycho (I am, btw).

The pricing kinda through me off, though. I was expecting something better - but always knew VZW would jack us. In the end, I opted for retail pricing. WHOA! I didn't want to get into a new contract since I'm not even 1 year into my existing 2-year - lol.

At least I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by citi
    what? are you sure it was a treo? :-)
    very cool, did you verify that it is the 600 with NO new features such as enhanced screen and or bluetooth? Would be nice if it had something more.

Also, does it allow for 802 wireless or do you have to go through their network for hotsynching?

These are deal make or breakers for me because I need to be able to sync wirelessly to my powerbook. (I can't stand cords!)
    I just tried to call and inquire as well. Sadly Judy read me the exact information off of the Infomanager screen that we've all seen thanks to the recent screenshots.

Hooey.

What was your CSR's name? I don't know that I can sit here with this T720 all that much longer
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
  6.    #6  
    Treo 600 was verified. CSR was not able to tell me the detailed specs of the phone other than the ones we already know (800/1900, etc.). Tech support would probably be able to give more detailed specs info. Additionally, I'll bet the house that this is pretty much the same 600 as Sprint - less any software changes that VZW decided to make.

I asked about wireless synch - she said that it was not available yet. Perhaps that's what might roll out on the 12th?

I use a powerbook as well. I'm not holding my breath for a BT version of T600 anytime soon. At least for this version, cords it is.

Quote Originally Posted by citi
    very cool, did you verify that it is the 600 with NO new features such as enhanced screen and or bluetooth? Would be nice if it had something more.

Also, does it allow for 802 wireless or do you have to go through their network for hotsynching?

These are deal make or breakers for me because I need to be able to sync wirelessly to my powerbook. (I can't stand cords!)
  7.    #7  
    Dude, my CSR's name was Vandell. She was really cool, although she kept me on hold forever. Apparently, she was talking with fulfillment to figure out when the phone was shipping, etc. I was first quoted at a 2-5 business day ship date. Afterwards, she was able to confirm that I should receive the phone on 7/9. I'm further trying to confirm this by getting in touch with Fulfillment myself.

Quote Originally Posted by adimiron
    I just tried to call and inquire as well. Sadly Judy read me the exact information off of the Infomanager screen that we've all seen thanks to the recent screenshots.

Hooey.

What was your CSR's name? I don't know that I can sit here with this T720 all that much longer
  8.    #8  
    UPDATE:

The CSR that gave me the Treo 600 information and ordered for me was misinformed. I just spoke with a supervisor and they informed me that she was just out of training. Instead of ordering the Treo 600 for me, she ordered the i600! DOH!! Although, she told me on a few occasions that it was the Treo 600!? WTF. Anyway, everything has been cleared up.

I then asked about the Treo 600 and they told me that it would be available within 1-2 weeks. Interestingly enough, only 1 out 4 supervisors knew what the Treo 600 was. The one that did know said that VZW would not be offering it! Damn, how uninformed these people are. The only way the CSR was able to confirm the existence of the Treo 600 was when I asked her to check with some tech people. I told her that they're probably going through training as we speak. She confirmed this with them and was surprised herself when she told me that it would be out in a couple of weeks.

Needless to say, I immediately cancelled the i600 order.

Man, what a strange day it has been.
    Bummer dude.

I'm still hoping for a Monday launch, but they really need to get distribution and knowledge transfer started if they're going to make that.

It was fun while it last though, wasn't it?
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.