Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    In semi-preparation for the Treo600 VZW release... I'd like to know how easy it is to get this to work, as it seems VZW's equivalent of the Sprint Vision plan is as high as $45/mo.

    I don't need unlimited browsing... but using regular minutes (unlimited for nights/weekends) is sufficient for me... is there a loophole to take advantage of ?

    I mean, if I can't get away with using minutes, paying for the Treo 600 and an expensive browsing plan would be too rich for my blood.
  2. #2  
    You need to have the NationalAccess option added to your plan.

    I have the America's Choice plan with this option and I use minutes from my plan whenever I access the web during peak hours (Mon - Fri, 6am - 9pm).

    You might want to add the Wireless Sync option, $5/mo., if you would like to sync your email on the Treo with Outlook at work.
  3.    #3  
    I just looked up NationalAccess (NA) and it looks like the equivalent of Sprint's Vision only NA isn't unlimited like Vision. I don't want it to count by KB/MB. I just want it to take off my existing plan's minutes. I read somewhere this could be done...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by apdageek
    You might want to add the Wireless Sync option, $5/mo., if you would like to sync your email on the Treo with Outlook at work.
    does this mean my computer has to be on in order to sync? if so, that is really lame ...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rh71
    I just looked up NationalAccess (NA) and it looks like the equivalent of Sprint's Vision only NA isn't unlimited like Vision. I don't want it to count by KB/MB. I just want it to take off my existing plan's minutes. I read somewhere this could be done...
    If you add the option EN-MOU it takes minutes off your existing plan. It doesn't charge you for KB/MB used. Verizon calls their network NationalAccess. It used to be called Express Network.

    Verizon's equivalent of Sprint's Vision is the PDA Unlimited plan.
  6.    #6  
    thx for the info - any idea how much that OPTION costs per month ?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rh71
    thx for the info - any idea how much that OPTION costs per month ?
    There shouldn't be a charge. I have this on my account.
  8. #8  
    I have the America's Choice plan, and was just charged $5/month to add this feature to the account (internet that uses voice minutes)
  9. #9  
    The $5 option they added was the Mobile Web by VZW with MSNŽ:

    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...featureId=1853
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by apdageek
    If you add the option EN-MOU it takes minutes off your existing plan. It doesn't charge you for KB/MB used. Verizon calls their network NationalAccess. It used to be called Express Network.

    Verizon's equivalent of Sprint's Vision is the PDA Unlimited plan.

    I'm afraid I don't see this NationalAccess EN-MOU option anywhere on the Verizon website. The only NationAccess I see is the one that cost's $79.99. Can anyone help clarify this for me?
  11. #11  
    w@ntonsoup - You dont need the $5 "Mobile Web by VZW" to access the web on the treo. This is really just if you have a regular phone. Whoever added this to your account does not know what they are talking about. See for yourself, remove it from your plan and see if you can still access the web.
  12. #12  
    Folks,

    I used to be with Verizon until I switched to Sprint when the Treo came out. Unlimited data on Verizon was $79 / month -- this is mainly for PC card access but it can be added to any account.

    When the blackberry came out, they added an unlimited blackberry / PDA plan for $44.95 that I had added to my Kyocera 7135 on Verizon. It was also unlimited.

    As far as the other plans go, I think you can have data come out of the minutes on just about all plans.

    Sprint's methods are so much cheaper and simpler.

    Glenn

Posting Permissions