Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is what all verizon reps are seeing through thier info center. I decided that everyone should be getting a peek. Hopefully it will come out this month. The lgvx7000 was slated for july 1st the treo's date is still being discussed due to the fact that Verizon has to re-release the over the air syncing. They will release a normal and cameraless version. Here you go:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So the Verizon version is going to be silver?

Why wouldn't it be the color of the CDMA model?
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 07/05/2004 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg

Why wouldn't it be the color of te GSM model?
    You mean CDMA (sprint) it's the black one. You can see that even though it's the gsm color, it has the body shape of the CDMA. (the raised bump at the ear piece)
    Absolutely right dutch. I meant to say CDMA. My bad.

So the fact that it has the raised ear piece means it's going to be a silver CDMA version?

Why wouldn't it be the color of the CDMA model?
    Because Verizon will want to differentiate itself from the Sprint model.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Of course, I understand the reason behind it, if it's in fact what's going to happen.

I'm just surprised Palm would make all new housings for a second CDMA model. All the GSM carrier's have the same color housings right? In any case, I think it's good for Verizon users. I always liked the silver color better.
    I'm just surprised Palm would make all new housings for a second CDMA model.
    If the price is right they will do anything.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    What I think is also interesting is the note on that screenshot that indicates that it will be released with the re-launch of Wireless sync.

That would be nice, because I found that the current Wireless Sync service to be practically useless with my 7135. I dropped it very quickly.

It will be interesting to see what the new offering is.
    Absolutely right dutch. I meant to say CDMA. My bad.

So the fact that it has the raised ear piece means it's going to be a silver CDMA version?
    The picture shows a raised earpiece. I read a post quite a while back about the radiation levels (or whatever bad stuff comes out of the phones). It said The CDMA had a higher level of bad stuff and the earpiece was raised to lower output just enough to get aproval.
    I asked my verizon guy if it would have bluetooth and he said yes. (rather quickly though, as if he didn't know but acted as if he did) but nothing listed in general features. :-( this may be a deal breaker for me. I really needed it to have bluetooth. I couldn't synch up my 802 wireless/powerbook for the life of me, but bt works flawlessly. Anybody using their treo and powerbook?
    If it's the 600 simply released for Verizon than it won't have BT.

Maybe he was thinking of the "Ace."
    Any word on pricing?
    I couldn't get that out of him, word online is 299 which would make sense if it is just the regular treo 600 and not the ace/610. What to do what to do. I really want a treo but....don't want to spend money on one if they plan to release a better one 4 months later....but the way verizon works it's probably 6-9 months.
    I think that's wishful thinking - there's no way Verizon is going to release a new (to them) PDA phone for a sub-$300 price. I'd be surprised to see it priced any less than the Kyocera 7135.

As for the "online word," I've seen $599, $549, $499, $399, and $299 bandied about on different rumor boards - and it really means nothing until someone sees something pop up in the Infocenter Manager doohickey. Which is apparently claiming pricing to follow shortly.

Then again, I should hope that they release it at $300 - I could pay retail and not sign a new contract, and wait for the Ace to come out to resign, thus gaining subsidy on the new, more expensive version.

Not likely, though.

One more week

I guess we can change the title from "Get it Soon" to "Get it Now" on the 12th

Quote Originally Posted by citi
    I couldn't get that out of him, word online is 299 which would make sense if it is just the regular treo 600 and not the ace/610. What to do what to do. I really want a treo but....don't want to spend money on one if they plan to release a better one 4 months later....but the way verizon works it's probably 6-9 months.
    Last edited by adimiron; 07/05/2004 at 11:07 PM. Reason: extra thought
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    no you are right...I meant 299 with the 2 year plan. There is no way they would sell it retail for that price. It will probably be 400 + retail, 299 with 2 year and 349 with one year...just a guess though.
    Does anyone remember what Sprint did with the i500? Back in Nov/Dec/Jan the i500 wasnt selling that greatly. Sprint decided to put that phone, and the G1000 on the list of "replacement" phones. For the most part, there were no i500's to be found unless they were coming to you by way of refurbishment.

Then right after that, the Treo 600 blew up. They were being sold faster than they could be stocked in the back room. What did Sprint do? The i500 came off the replacement list and hit the shelves again selling at the same $599 they were before. People were buying them like hot cakes.

What surprised me was this, you have a brand new (T|600) selling at $600 and an old (i500) selling at $600. So what carriers do by way of pricing will forever remain a mystery to me.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I'm guessing they will go for a very similar pricing construct as they did with the i600. That would mean something like $599 for just the phone, and then a few possible discounts:
    - $100 new every 2 years
    - $100 if you sign up for a data plan
    - $100 if you trade in a smartphone

So the best possible price would be $299. Or something of that nature. And no way Verizon wil release the Treo Ace this year. First of all, it would be in testing for at least 6 months if not more, and second VZW tends to milk each high-end phone for all that it is worth. Economies of scale....the longer a model runs, the more efficient the cost of introduction. No sense in introducing a newer model if it mostly takes away sales from the previous model. They will first wait until T600 sales really slows down.
    With reference to your Treo Ace post below - this begs the question as to whether the Ace, provided that it will be available this year, will be
    "forceable" to VZW's network just as the Treo 600's have been for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    I'm guessing they will go for a very similar pricing construct as they did with the i600. That would mean something like $599 for just the phone, and then a few possible discounts:
    - $100 new every 2 years
    - $100 if you sign up for a data plan
    - $100 if you trade in a smartphone

So the best possible price would be $299. Or something of that nature. And no way Verizon wil release the Treo Ace this year. First of all, it would be in testing for at least 6 months if not more, and second VZW tends to milk each high-end phone for all that it is worth. Economies of scale....the longer a model runs, the more efficient the cost of introduction. No sense in introducing a newer model if it mostly takes away sales from the previous model. They will first wait until T600 sales really slows down.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    And no way Verizon wil release the Treo Ace this year. First of all, it would be in testing for at least 6 months if not more, and second VZW tends to milk each high-end phone for all that it is worth.
    We both expect the Treo 600 to hang around after the introduction of the Treo Ace as a lower priced phone. The question is whether Vz has been able to negotiate a lower purchase price for the Treo 600 a bit earlier than the discounts would normally have started. My guess would be yes, which will allow them to offer generous discounts to get users to sign up. Perhaps the Vz delay in introducing the product was that Plmo had to free up enough supply to agree to make the Vz Treo 600 at the reduced price. By offering two different displays in their two smartphone models, Plmo can ramp supply much faster. Also, Plmo's current gross margins for the Treo 600 are close to 40%. Clearly there is room to sell the Treo 600 at a lower price point.
    If it's the 600 simply released for Verizon than it won't have BT.

Maybe he was thinking of the "Ace."
    If it's not the 610 I'm going to give up waiting for Verizon and wait for the 610 / Ace to hit AT&T Wireless. I'm currently an AT&T Customer and have not wanted to get a Treo w/ them because they use GSM, but I'm tired of waiting for Verizon.

I figure once the 610 comes out there will be another 8 - 12 month wait for Verizon and that's too long.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast