Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Is anyone having problems connecting to the Sprint network today? I'm on the north shore, about 40 mins from the city.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Everything seems fine with me - Dix Hills area.. What are you seeing?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I've got 2-3 bars, I dial a number, I hear no ringing, after about 3-4 seconds, 'no service' appears in the upper left, and then it brings me back to the dial pad. I just checked it again, and I've got the same response.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Do some searching in the T600 Hardware forum. Sounds like you have a bad Treo in the bad ESN range. You'll need to get it swapped for a new one. Best bet is to go to a store, make your case - tell them about the memo that is mensioned here online, and insist that you need a new one. Read the posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    you mean it could just 'go bad' like that? I've had it since the beginning of the year, and it's worked without a problem up til now.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ok.. read those threads.. thanks, cue. Called sprint. They told me to go to a sprint store and get a replacement, that the 'internal memory' went bad. I did a complete wipe of the software. Tried the phone again. Nothing. Just for the hell of it, put everything back on with hotsync. Bingo. Phone is working like a charm. No more lag, either. WTF? I think I'm gonna get me some insurance now. BTW, I'm in Glen Cove.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Cool beans - but make sure you check your ESN - the wipe sometimes works, but only for a few days. I'm assuming you've bumped up to the newest firmware? (1.20)? If you have, then you'll find that in a few days the network drop problem will happen again. It happens a lot when you're battery runs down to about 30%. Also, if you go to a store to get it replaced.. INSIST on a new phone, and not a refurb. All the refurbs that have been coming out of Sprint have been in the bad range. If you bring it to the store, and they perform an "RF" test on it, they should see the issue. But make sure when you bring it to them, that the problem is reproducable (drop that battery down! ) Lemme know how things go.