1.    #1  
    I have been one of those people checking this board and many others multiple times daily to find out when Verizon will bring this onboard. Throughout the many incorrect rumors and false promises from Verizon I still wait anxiously and have not gotten excited until today.

I gave my Verizon rep a call (Wash, DC) as I went over in my minutes and wanted to expand my service. I mentioned to the rep to take into account that I will be switching to a PDA phone, specifically a TREO as soon as Verizon has it available. My rep told me that they have the pdf for the TREO on his screen and that is is just awaiting a launch date. Not wanting to get too excited, I asked what that meant. He said that it is positioned, ready to go and that the launch date will be updated withing a week and the launch normally not far after that......based on this information, the rumor of a July 12-16 launch date may be right on!

Happy 4th and another reason to be excited!
    Can one assume that it will be identical to the Sprint model?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrosnick
    I have been one of those people checking this board and many others multiple times daily to find out when Verizon will bring this onboard. Throughout the many incorrect rumors and false promises from Verizon I still wait anxiously and have not gotten excited until today.

I gave my Verizon rep a call (Wash, DC) as I went over in my minutes and wanted to expand my service. I mentioned to the rep to take into account that I will be switching to a PDA phone, specifically a TREO as soon as Verizon has it available. My rep told me that they have the pdf for the TREO on his screen and that is is just awaiting a launch date. Not wanting to get too excited, I asked what that meant. He said that it is positioned, ready to go and that the launch date will be updated withing a week and the launch normally not far after that......based on this information, the rumor of a July 12-16 launch date may be right on!

Happy 4th and another reason to be excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Can one assume that it will be identical to the Sprint model?
    -- http://www.verizonwireless.com/image...reo_031504.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Yes, it's the same physically as the Sprint unit except that it has the color of the GSM unit. You can see in the picture that SeldomVisitor linked to that the unit has the little bump on the speaker that the Sprint unit has instead of the flat earpiece that the GSM units have.
    Any idea of what the release date will be? Will it be available to the general public or just to businesses first?
    I am anxiously awaiting the Treo 600 on VZW. Almost jumped to Sprint about two months ago for the Treo, but decided my 7135 could hold out at least until XMAS if I had to.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that the July 12th week is the release.

I wish the VZW model was the same case as the Sprint One, I just think it looks cooler. Key win will be OS5, QWERTY thumboard.

Big loss will be no more clamshell.