1.    #1  
    I have recently switched a treo over to verizion. I'm in the Seattle area. Everything is working great but the Express Network connection seems very slow - 17Kbps

How fast should it be?

Someone else posted this link to test your speed.
    http://www.2wire.com/?p=154

Thanks!
    I'm getting 46-61 kbps in NYC on Verizon express network. Got 8-14 with qnc connection.
  3.    #3  
    I like the sound of 46-61. Is the speed wholly a part of your local verizon service or are there things you can do to increase the speed. I'm guessing I'm at mercy of verizon.
    There must be something wrong here. I'm in the Balt./Wash. area, and when I go to "text.dslreports.com/mspeed" why do I consistently get between 120-170kbps when choosing a 100k file??
    Try the bigger file (200KB) - less chance of an anomaly messing up the results.
  6.    #6  
    Ok, so a funny thing happened. I was searching on the web and found a post about someone else having slow Express Network connection. Capped at about 16K. To make a long story short, I emailed Verizon and asked them to check and see if my Express Network speed had been capped. I then asked if they could remove the cap. I haven't heard back but about an hour after I sent the email, my speeds jumped to 60 - 90k. That's from 16-17. Now it is useable!