1.    #1  
    I'm considering purchasing a Treo 600 to use on Verizon. I talked to Verizon today and they would neither confirm nor deny that they would be bringing out a Treo any time soon.

So, if I were to buy a Sprint Treo 600, is it better to buy new, never used, or is one that had been activated on Sprint just as easy to switch over to Verizon?

Anything else I should be careful about in the purchase?

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesk
    I'm considering purchasing a Treo 600 to use on Verizon. I talked to Verizon today and they would neither confirm nor deny that they would be bringing out a Treo any time soon.

So, if I were to buy a Sprint Treo 600, is it better to buy new, never used, or is one that had been activated on Sprint just as easy to switch over to Verizon?

Anything else I should be careful about in the purchase?

Thanks...
    My Verizon Corporate rep told me today that I will be able to get one on July 12. His information is usually accurate. I can't wait to get one.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunatley I wont qualify for a rebate this time.. too soon on the phone purchase. Thought I might save a little buying one on ebay and switching it over to verizon.
    a) the comment about a verizon release date... Hmm, if you want to spread rumors at least change the wording from the other 200 million people that have said similar claims about previous dates which never made it either...

b) a used one is fine, but make sure you don't get a refurb... If it's refurb, it's normally because it had a problem, and palmone doesn't do a very good job of fixing these problems...
  5.    #5  
    Thanks.. was able to pick a used one up.
    Quote Originally Posted by temfate
    a) the comment about a verizon release date... Hmm, if you want to spread rumors at least change the wording from the other 200 million people that have said similar claims about previous dates which never made it either...

b) a used one is fine, but make sure you don't get a refurb... If it's refurb, it's normally because it had a problem, and palmone doesn't do a very good job of fixing these problems...
    The date from my reps mouth was July 12. Others on this board have quoted two weeks based on a CNBC report from 2 days ago. Take the information as you see fit. I did not make up the date. My business rep just returned from a training session and that is where this information came from. Last year I was given the exact release date from this rep regarding the Kyocera 7135. I have wanted this phone for quite a while and I am excited to get one so I have no reason to start a rumor. If I can get one on or before July 12th I will make it a point to email you.
    Greetings. First post. I'm a member of HoFo and have decided to register here while I await Verizon's Treo.

I've also been able to confirm, here in NYC, a release date of July 12. This info is as of two days ago. Again, as nittanyjack has said there's no reason for me to start a rumor. Moreover, if there are others out there that have heard of release dates please do tell. I'm not very concerned with the credibility of one's source as I am with establishing consistency among (a) release date(s).

Quote Originally Posted by nittanyjack
    The date from my reps mouth was July 12. Others on this board have quoted two weeks based on a CNBC report from 2 days ago. Take the information as you see fit. I did not make up the date. My business rep just returned from a training session and that is where this information came from. Last year I was given the exact release date from this rep regarding the Kyocera 7135. I have wanted this phone for quite a while and I am excited to get one so I have no reason to start a rumor. If I can get one on or before July 12th I will make it a point to email you.