Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Sprint has relased PRL 10024.

More details here and here.

To update your PRL call *2 and ask the service rep to "flag your account for a PRL update". Then hang up, wait a bit, call *2 again and the PRL update will automatically happen.

You can check your Treo600's current PRL via Phone->menu->info.

ERic
    Last edited by ERicJ; 06/08/2004 at 06:41 PM.
    What the heck is a PRL? And does this relate to the Treo 1.20 updater in any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    What the heck is a PRL? And does this relate to the Treo 1.20 updater in any way?
    PRL 10024 Released
    Sprint's Preferred Roaming List has been updated to 10024. This update moves around the priority of some roaming providers (and aparrently increases the priority of some additional digital networks over analog), as well as adding international roaming in Australia and Israel. Call *2 and ask a rep to have your account flagged for the update.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    What the heck is a PRL?
    That's why I put the link in there....
    And does this relate to the Treo 1.20 updater in any way?
    No.

ERicJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Sprint has relased PRL 10024.

More details here and here.

To update your PRL call *2 and ask the service rep to "flag your account for a PRL update". Then hang up, wait a bit, call *2 again and the PRL update will automatically happen.

You can check your Treo600's current PRL via Phone->menu->info.

ERic
    ERic - Thank You ! ~ Carl
    I called Sprint and the customer rep. told me no PRL updated was required for my phone at the present time.

I kept asking her to "flag" my account for the update but she claimed she could not.

Could someone who has successfully gotten a Sprint rep. to "flag" their account for the update explain exactly what they said to get this done?

TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I called Sprint and the customer rep. told me no PRL updated was required for my phone at the present time.

I kept asking her to "flag" my account for the update but she claimed she could not.

Could someone who has successfully gotten a Sprint rep. to "flag" their account for the update explain exactly what they said to get this done?

TIA.
    lgreenberg - Travel and use in "other" geographic areas is the most compelling triger. ~ Carl
    So what are you saying? That it's not even worth worring about the update?
    So what are you saying? That it's not even worth worring about the update?
    lgreenberg ~

You want the current PRL version.

That's why I thanked ERic for the PRL heads-up.

ERic also supplied additional details - much appreciated.

Infrastructure Resource Allocation is a dynamic meander of churn and flux.

PRL is your phones "instruction set", navigating the access hierarchy.

I was responding to your request:

". . . explain exactly what they said to get this done?"

~ Carl
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    "Hello, please flag my account for a PRL update."

Call back and get a different Sprint rep.

ERicJ
    Well I've called three times, three different customer care reps, all of which told me the same thing.

"if calling *2 doesn't prompt you for the update, then it's not needed."

It's not that important to me, my phone works fine.
    Its' generally a good idea to have the latest PRL on your phone. I had previously gotten the PRL 10024 automatically ( Sprint had flagged my account for me). I somehow reverted back to PRL 10023 when I upgraded to Sprint software update 1.2. A call to the Sprint rep with an explanation worked for me. She flagged my account and that was that.
    Sorry to hear that some of you are getting the runaround.
    Well the fourth time was the charm. I finally got a rep. who knew what she was doing and was able to flag my account.

I now have prl 10024.
    I just called *2 and it was somehow already flagged for the update.... hmmmm ?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    If you're like me, the PRL is really only a safeguard. My Treo is set to Sprint only, so I never actually engage the "roaming" functionality that the PRL would assist with. However, when I travel, it is nice to know that if I DO need to roam, I can do so with confidence that I've got the "latest and greatest"...
    I just got flagged for the PRL update. I called to report a deadspot (876-273-2163 if you know of another spot), and they said that they would flag my phone for the PRL update just incase it would help.

Dunc
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I called *2 and clAIRe informed me that I was due for an update. Never had to speak to anyone and indeed the upgrade to 10024 automatically. I wonder why it knows automatically for some people but others have to be manually flagged?

Oh well.