Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I just got a call from a Sprint rep offering me night/weekend minutes starting at 7pm, instead of 9pm. No extra cost, but I would have to extend my contract for two years (it expired sometime last year, so I'm currently month to month). I turned her down, but am having second thoughts. What do you guys think? Is it worth it?
    it's only worth it if use use the phone alot m-f between 7-9 pm. otherwise, I wouldn't bind myself to 2 years just for that. wait for something that would be useful to you.
    If you aren't on contract, you can do a heck of a lot better than 7pm night and weekends! Call 'em up, tell them you are wanting to cancel your service. They'll offer you all kinds of stuff to not get you to quit. And if they call your bluff and say that your service is going to be cancelled at the end of this cycle (That happened to me), you can always call back the next day and tell htem that you changed your mind.

D.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavemanUT
    If you aren't on contract, you can do a heck of a lot better than 7pm night and weekends! Call 'em up, tell them you are wanting to cancel your service. They'll offer you all kinds of stuff to not get you to quit. And if they call your bluff and say that your service is going to be cancelled at the end of this cycle (That happened to me), you can always call back the next day and tell htem that you changed your mind.

D.C.

I AGREE!!! They basically want to lock you into another contract, but you should negotiate alot harder rather than simply accepting 7 pm NW. Search the forums at howarforums to see what "retention plans" other users are getting offered in your price range to get an idea of what you can get. Then call back Sprint and tell them you want to cancel you acct whereby they will transfer you to their Retention dept where they can offer you much lower rates if you sign up for a contract...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions