1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if I can use Sprint PCS' Business Connection Personal Edition with our company's new Novell/Groupwise server? Other suggestions? I'm aware of Nexic & Notifylink.
    BCPE is for use with MicroSoft Exchange servers and Lotus Dominos servers. It only works with Outlook (not for those who use Outlook Express), and it allows you to access one folder on your PC (Most set it to the My Documents folder). The catch: you must have your PC on and Outlook running to be able to access it using your Treo.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Not sure if this helps, but we use Groupwise and access it as a POP3 server. I can use either InboxToGo or the built-in email client to access my email without having to have it redirected from my office PC.
  4. afr
    Our organization uses GroupWise. I access my mailbox two ways: through VersaMail 2.5 as an IMAP mailbox (much better than POP3), or via Intellisync synchronization through my desktop. You can access it via POP3, but I've found that the new built-in Treo Mail doesn't allow me to clean up the mailbox remotely -- or at least I haven't found the setting that allows this feature. VersaMail allows me to clean up my IMAP and POP3 mailboxes when I clean up my Treo.
    Actually you can configure BCPE to go through the Web connectors for the purposes of IMAP or POP if your server is publicly available. This doesn't help for most Exchange or Domino users who are locked down internally and thus the need for the desktop connector to serve as the re-director in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by JustThisGuy
    BCPE is for use with MicroSoft Exchange servers and Lotus Dominos servers. It only works with Outlook (not for those who use Outlook Express), and it allows you to access one folder on your PC (Most set it to the My Documents folder). The catch: you must have your PC on and Outlook running to be able to access it using your Treo.