1.    #1  
    Hi I'm new in Treo..

What happen If I choose the plan with the voice only (35$ per month for 300 min.)

Can I still use the data service (sprint as ISP)?
    If yes, Do they charge by kb usage?

Thanks
    i doubt it..the $15 bucks for unlimited data is worth it.
    From the Sprint web page:

Unless a Sprint Vision Pack is selected, customers with a Sprint PCS Vision Phone will be charged $0.01 per kilobyte for Sprint PCS Vision usage.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks
    $0.01 per kilobyte for Sprint PCS Vision usage.
    Anybody ever did the math for this over 15$ for unlimited?

The other question;
    Can I add the data plan later or I have to choose it when I open a account?
    They might require you to add it when you start the account, to get any of the deals available for the phone, such as the rebate.
    You should be able to get vision free for the first two months. You can measure your data usage and then see how much it would cost you at the per kilobyte rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    From the Sprint web page:

Unless a Sprint Vision Pack is selected, customers with a Sprint PCS Vision Phone will be charged $0.01 per kilobyte for Sprint PCS Vision usage.
    I don't have a Vision plan and I was charged significantly more than that for accidentally connecting. It was around $7 and I was only connected for less than 1 minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    I don't have a Vision plan and I was charged significantly more than that for accidentally connecting. It was around $7 and I was only connected for less than 1 minute.
    Then I would have been on the phone immediately upon receiving the bill and made sure I got a credit. The charges are stated on their web page. If they charged you more, they were wrong.
    that's $10 / MB. you'll blow through that pretty quickly.
    My memory is fuzzy on this stuff, but shouldn't the Treo 600 be capable of dial-up service? Before GPRS was available, this was the only Internet connection one could use on a Treo 180. That capability hasn't actually been removed from the Treo 600, has it? This option would use your voice minutes, of course, and it would be slower than Vision, but it should be an option if you are trying to go with the cheapest service possible.
    Is there some way to actually measure data usage?

Sprint's site just says unlimited, and doesn't show it.

The only method I've seen is when using pdanet, and that shows usage for a given connection.
    Which plan do y'all recommend? It looks like there are 3 or 4 options for Vision service.

I am month to month with Sprint - do I have to sign a new contract if I sign up for Vision?

How does that work with a family plan?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    If you go to the phone pad and dial ##786 you can see your lifetime data usage. Divide that by how many months of service you have had, or activation date. This will give you your monthly average. There is another program that show data and voice usage. I cant remember the name of it I just happened accross it. I will look later.