This is the first day "the rest of us" (who live outside the Top 100 markets) can port our cell phone numbers, and I have been anxiously awaiting it since getting my Sprint Treo in January. (I had a Kyo 7135 with Verizon, and got very tired of seeing the Black Screen of Death.)

At 9:00 this morning, I made my first call to Sprint Customer Service. I had to do this from my car, because I don't have a signal at home (like I said, the boondocks). I had both my Sprint and Verizon bills with me, as instructed. The person I talked to told me I needed the ESN from the Verizon phone. I didn't bring the Kyo with me--haven't used it in months. So I did my other "town" errands and drove the six miles home to get the numbers off the phone. I copied them down, and took the 7135 with me for good measure. I drove back into town.

At 10:00 this morning, I made my second call to Sprint. This time, the CSR was able to help me with the port, and didn't need the Kyo ESN at all (of course). She asked me if I had a landline available where I was. I didn't, still being in my car. She asked me for a number where she could call me back, and how long it would take me to get there. I headed to my mom's house (good ol' mom!) to await her call. She called 40 minutes later, not 10 as she had said, but not bad considering. The port was supposed to go through by 12:15 local time, which it didn't, but I called my number at 2:30 and got the Sprint voicemail recording, so I think I'm all set.

Two phone calls and 5.5 hours from the first attempt--not nearly as bad as some of the stories I've heard! Who else took advantage of their new opportunity today? I'd be interested to hear your tales.
~Laurie