Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wasn't 5/21 supposed to be a milestone date for the Treo 600 to be released by Verizon Wireless? Shocking that it is not available.
    Well if you dont mind having a sprint logo, you can edit the information in the phone so that it works on verizon networks. This has been discussed a lot, do a search.
  3.    #3  
    I know and that is what I plan on doing. Just being obnoxious and pointing out to all who were saying today was the day. :-)
    You were doing a service of rumor-quashing - I actually DO consider that valuable!

Now if only TreoCentral and all the other rumor-mongering online sites would pick up "the story"...
    My coroporate rep still says that they will have the Treo sometime this quarter. I have my doubts. I'll probably give them to end of June/early July then I'm headed to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I heard it failed testing and will be pushed back until July.

check www.howardforums.com for updates. Actually a lot of verizon customers are always let down since verizon takes so long to release new phones.

well im still enjoying my Sprint branded Treo 600 on verizon's network
  7. MDK
    But what did you pay for the device? Since you didn't stick with Sprint's service, presumably you didn't get any subsidy dollars. Did you pay $599 then, AND sign up for Verizon's service?
    I am an existing Vz customer and was not eligilble for a new phone subsidy for another year. So if I wanted a Treo now (and if Vz had it), I would have to pay top dollar. I sold my Kyocera 7135 on eBay for more than I actually paid for it. My Treo cost me only $50!!

Funny that Vz is so big on testing but actually let the 7135 through and not the Treo. What a crappy phone!!
    Yeah, I was one of the guys who posted about my corporate rep calling me with a 5/21 release date. Just goes to show how much he was in the loop.

Oh well, the game continues.....
  10.    #10  
    I am pretty much resigned to getting a Sprint Treo and converting it. The wait for me is getting a bit out of control and I think it is time to move forward in another manner. If and when they come out with it, I'll buy one with the "new every two" discount and keep that one and give my wife the Sprint branded one. Hee hee.

My v60 is literally on its last legs and I refuse to buy even a cheap new Verion phone that I really don't want.
    Where in Howard forums? I searched it and could not locate it.
    Thanks!
    Two friends of mine were fusterated waiting for the treo 600 to come to Verizon so today they where told by the Verizon salesperson that they probably wont have the phone until early next year.

So they bought the Kyocera 7135 since they were told it has a new firmware update and is actually better than the treo in some ways.
    == "...In response to a question, Seidenberg said Verizon would
    == "soon" offer its service over the popular Treo smartphone
    == from PalmOne..."

-- http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...7D&siteid=mktw
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    == "...In response to a question, Seidenberg said Verizon would
    == "soon" offer its service over the popular Treo smartphone
    == from PalmOne..."

-- http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...7D&siteid=mktw
    It's been "soon" to be offered forever! What the heck is taking so long anyway?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Note that they didn't say they would "soon" be carrying the TREO...
    I spoke with a Verizon rep via the 1-800 number yesterday and he told me that the employees just got an email last week stating that the treo would be comming out "mid-summer" ie june or july.
    july 12.

Quote Originally Posted by krmiller
    I spoke with a Verizon rep via the 1-800 number yesterday and he told me that the employees just got an email last week stating that the treo would be comming out "mid-summer" ie june or july.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    july 12.
    I have also been given a July 12 release date by my Corporate account rep.
    For what it is worth, I was just told by a buddy at corporate Verizon that the treo would be available the second week of July, which seems to support the July 12th date. I think I'll camp out at the verizon store the night of the 11th.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I spoke to the local Verizon store today and they said they received a letter last week from their regional manager that the Treo would be available by the end of July.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast