Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    If any of you IM on your treo using AIM, today you no longer get notified through Sprint (SMS?). You have to keep checking for new messages now instead of the "beep" and vibrate. Wonder why they did that?
    where did you hear about this??? Not cool.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    When I logged on to AIM via my Treo today, I got a message from AIM that the carrier would no longer support message alerts. And I had a couple of IM convos today and it makes it tough to not get any notifications. I know, it sucks.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I'm using a Sanyo SCP 8100 and I just noticed the same thing the other day, so it's not a Treo-only problem
    why don't you use chatter or verichat? (Sure, they are not free but I have both and they each have their advantages and disadvantages)
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    hmm, that must have been a temporary thing because it seems that it's back again.
    i couldnt stand the constant link clicking to chat on aim so i tried the trial version of chatter and was hooked. it's so much better and so worth the 20 bucks.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Verichat lets you get the message via SMS OR through vision messaging. It is totally worth the price of that app. Don't know anything about chatter though.