1.    #1  
    Is the Sprint mail server down this morning? I haven't been able to connect.
    Nope..
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Having problems with outbound SMTP myself--- just HANGS while trying to send. Changed my password to a bogus one and authentication failed-- so at least the server successfully grabbed my credentials.

This HAS worked for me since the 1.20 firmware upgrade, so that's not the cause- think it is server-side.

I'm in NYC area.
  4.    #4  
    It started working again for me later on Sunday afternoon. No problems since.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Send and Receive

Sending 1 of 1

and sending...

and sending...............

Man this is CRAWLING and never gets through. my settings have been right for months?
  6. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Vision was down on Eastern seaboard from 2100 Sunday night until 8am on Monday.
    Cheers

Charles
    Vision has been hit-or-miss all day today in central Ohio. I'm able to connect, send mail, SMS, check weather radar, TC, etc... and then I can't... and then I can... and then...

Anyone else seeing this ?
    EdK
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Ended up that I cleared the message (which was a reply) and wrote a new one-- it went through just fine.

Mine was an issue with the Palm POP client not dealing well with a message.

There was a signature in the previous message that could have had an effect on the formatting of the message, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by redshifted
    Vision has been hit-or-miss all day today in central Ohio. I'm able to connect, send mail, SMS, check weather radar, TC, etc... and then I can't... and then I can... and then...

Anyone else seeing this ?
    EdK
    Everything returned to normal last night. It kinda reminded me of Vision behavior when SMS was being rolled out. The "new" mail app that came with the 1.2 Sprint Firmware upgrade is going to replace the clunky Sprint PictureMail for me. No more compressed, resized pics surrounded by PictureMail ads .

EdK
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    I use the email-to-SMS gateway (1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com) all the time as a part of my email-push solution (procmail, TreoHelper, and SnapperMail). For the last 5 or 6 days, I've been getting all my trigger emails kicked back, with a message saying "Server dropped connection before initial greeting".

Regular MO-SMS from the Treo works fine...

Any idea what could be going wrong?

Thanks,
    Bill Gribble