1.    #1  
    How can the driver be taking so long... They keep bumping the date and it's pretty damn annoying.

Anyone have updated info?
    I tried my Sprint phone on the GSM Car Kit at the office, and while the phone charged in the cradle and saw improved reception, there was no sound in or what at all.
    For the last 6 months, Handspring has advertised that the car kit would be available in April. What that really means is the software update that is required to operate the car kit would be available. Their website was just updated with a "End of May" release date, which indicates that it is likely soon. $199 is kind of expensive though...
    I was told this morning, that the carkit app would be made available within the next 7 days. Although, I'm not holding my breath.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    The update became available today:

Handspring
    I am going to try it tonigh with the GSM kits I have laying around, will let you guys know.
    Anyone download the new Sprint update (1.20) yet? How have you found the new features that palmOne talks about?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    I tried my Sprint phone on the GSM Car Kit at the office, and while the phone charged in the cradle and saw improved reception, there was no sound in or what at all.
    And? Any progress?
    The THB/palmOne Car kit works fine with the Sprint phones after the 1.2 update - I tried it myself this morning.
    Marcus: is the car kit still working OK for you? I saw a new post today that stated that it doesn't work for incoming calls.
  11.    #11  
    I have confirmed with the manufacturer that it DOES NOT work for incoming calls.

They claim that PalmOne is looking into it and it is a software issue.

You know how lame this is? Bought a bunch of car kits after waiting months, they claim they will work and then they do not.

Kits + installation = not cheap.
    Any new news on the car kit update? I am planning on getting the Treo 600 when it is released by VZW (fingers crossed), but D.C. just banned driving while using a cell phone unless you are using a hands free device. My Kyo 7135 car kit works great, and I will need one for the 600. It will really be depressing if, after waiting for VZW to get the Treo, I can't use it because they can't get the car kit to work. (I hate driving using an earpiece.)