1.    #1  
    I checked everywhere for the answer to this question, so I apologize if I'm posting something that's obvious. I have the 2500 minute plan which includes Sprint's Vision plan.

When I'm using Vision, is it using my minutes in my plan? If that's that case, is it free when I use it after 9 pm and on the weekend?

After checking my email on the Kyocera 6035 (my previous phone), I needed to make sure that the data connection was off or Sprint would charge me about 40 cents a minute.

Now with the Treo when I go on Vision, it has the screen that says "To complete this request, you must connet to the internet.........", and I click YES. After using Vision, do I need to turn it off so that I won't get charged or is the data 100% included in the Vision plan charge. Lately I've been turning off the wireless mode on the phone for fear of being overcharged.

Can anybody please help and clairfy this. The Sprint site doesn't really explain well.
    If Sprint Vision is included in your plan, there are no additional charges for access to the internet and time spent on the internet does not subtract from your 2500 minutes.

The internet access is unlimited although I have heard reports of people getting shutdown by Sprint if they use their phone to power their laptop internet connection.
    I was wondering the same thing. I will be adding my T600 over to my parents Sprint plan. I have PCS vision on 2 phones for free already and they said I had to pay a $5 a month fee for my T600. So that means I get unlimited data download but does that also mean when I am using the web or using a program that connects to my PCS network that my minutes wont be used at all? I was under the impression that the $5 fee for PCS was just to get unlimited data transfers but I want to clear this up before I go crazy with the web and everything.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmit
    I was wondering the same thing. I will be adding my T600 over to my parents Sprint plan. I have PCS vision on 2 phones for free already and they said I had to pay a $5 a month fee for my T600. So that means I get unlimited data download but does that also mean when I am using the web or using a program that connects to my PCS network that my minutes wont be used at all? I was under the impression that the $5 fee for PCS was just to get unlimited data transfers but I want to clear this up before I go crazy with the web and everything.

Thanks in advance
    I use Vision services daily. A ##786 diagnostic shows that i have used almost a gigabyte of bandwith since October.

It's ok to OCCASIONALLY use the phone to power a laptop connection, but this must be done in moderation.
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    I use Vision services daily. A ##786 diagnostic shows that i have used almost a gigabyte of bandwith since October.

It's ok to OCCASIONALLY use the phone to power a laptop connection, but this must be done in moderation.

So it wont use any of my daytime minutes? I do plan on power my laptop with my PCS network connect since what I have is incredibly slow. If I do overuse it what will sprint do just stop me from using PCS for the rest of the month or the day or what? I dont want to have to pay for "unlimited" data transfer and get cut off for using it too much
    There are lots of stories and rumors about what will happen if you get "caught", but there hasn't been many (or any that I can recall) first-hand stories of being caught by Sprint and punished...
    I use pdanet with my Treo to connect to laptop all the time. It is against the TOS, but Sprint doesn't enforce it. I typically average ~300-350 MB bandwidth per month and have had no problems at all. Basically, don't try to download stuff with Kazaa on it and you'll be ok!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I use pdanet with my Treo to connect to laptop all the time. It is against the TOS, but Sprint doesn't enforce it. I typically average ~300-350 MB bandwidth per month and have had no problems at all. Basically, don't try to download stuff with Kazaa on it and you'll be ok!

I actually was going to use kazaa to download a few things but thanks for the heads up. What about Azurues and Bitturrent? I mainly want to download a few TV shows and a couple games. Of course none of them are less than 200MB each. Again thanks for the heads up.
    I had the same problem you had. I had the Kyocera 6035. When my screen cracked I upgraded to the treo 300 they told me that the treo phone have to use the pcs vision which cost about $10.00 more a month ($15.00) so I had to change my plan to the local plan which has long distance but I could only use my phone on the West Coast. Which is about $45.00/month for 1000 minutes. I also have PCS Vision $15.00/month and the insurance plan $4.00/month. If you upgrade to PCS vision you will have unlimited internet; as long as you have minutes left in your plan. The key is that the Kyocera 6035 $5.00 data plan is not supported by the treo 600. I currently use the treo 600 with no surcharges. I hope this helps you out.
    So wait you're telling me the $5 vision is not for my Treo600? The salesrep on the phone told me that she couldnt give me vision free for me treo because two phones already have it for free so I have to pay for the 3rd line. She said it was a flat rate of $5 per month but she would make a deal and take off 5% off each month so in a way it cancells the $5 for vision. I'm a little confused now. I havent activated my Treo 600 yet because my At&t contract doesnt end until june 20 so I have no way of checking it.
    $5 / month for Vision is very unusual - zillions of us have it for $15 / month. You might be lucky, or you might have a sales rep who doesn't exactly know what she's talking about. But, hey, take the 5%.

Jamice - you said "If you upgrade to PCS vision you will have unlimited internet; as long as you have minutes left in your plan." I didn't know about the need to have minutes left in your plan or any repercussions - I go over my # of minutes in a given month frequently and don't seem to have any issues.
    I've had sprint for a long long time and they added vision for free because we baught a phone that used vision about a year ago. They also added vision for the original line as well but when adding the treo 600 they said they cant give us another line with vision so they said they will charge a $5 free but also give %5 off the bill so in a way it doesnt cost me that $5 for vision. My friend also did this but he had vision free for 2 months and than he had to pay $5 a month thereafter to keep vision free or he get charged I think a penny per KB or something.