1.    #1  
    Finally - great discounts for current subscribers as well as new activations:

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18023

"...its New For You Upgrade Program that provides existing customers with the same handset subsidies as new customers every 18 months..."
    The 18 month handset replacement discount has been available for quite some time FYI...nothing new there. The only thing really "new" seems to be the ad campaign imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Oh - I thought there were a ton of current Sprint subscribers complaining that they had to pay full price for a Treo 600 if they wanted to upgrade their equipment...?

Either way, it is cool that it is 18 months rather than 2 full years (I think Verizon is 11 months for a 12 month contract or 22 months for a 24 month contract).
    Verizon will provide you with a phone at the subsidized cost after 10 full months whether you have a one year contract or a two year contract, but you have to accept an extension to your contract of at least one additional year.

Still, this is good news.
    Either Indicator is a PRPRPR $intern$ $at$ $Sprint$ $or$ $has$ $all$ $of$ $his$ $401K$ $money$ $in$ $Sprint$ $stock$. $In$ $either$ $case$, $even$ $if$ $its$ $not$ $his$ $intention$, $he$ $comes$ $off$ $as$ $a$ $Sprint$ $Sock$-$Puppet$ $in$ $almost$ $every$ $post$.

Now I don't happen to hate Sprint, for me they are exactly what I need and am happy with my service and about 80% of my dealings with them, but take Indicator's hype with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    The 18 month handset replacement discount has been available for quite some time FYI...nothing new there. The only thing really "new" seems to be the ad campaign imo...
    Yep. That is how I got my Treo 600. I had the Kyocera 6035 for more than 18 months.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Yep. That is how I got my Treo 600. I had the Kyocera 6035 for more than 18 months.
    I bet you still miss that voice recorder !
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    I bet you still miss that voice recorder !
    The voice recorder and the phone's voice activation were nice!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi