1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone out there has had success in using any of the numerous Java applications out there that access the internet. Everytime I try to access the internet I get an error.

Is there a problem with Sprint's network?
    Works fine for me
    Are you perhaps talking specifically about reqwireless and a 411 error? If you happen to be, the solution to that one is in the FAQ on reqwireless's webpage. Go into your advanced options and change your port from 80 to 8080 (or vice versa, can't remember).

That fixes it.

If you weren't talking about that I can't help you, but I can say that reqwireless is a java app and does work with Sprint's network.
    I've had no problems with network-accessing java applets...

My question is when will Sprint make the various java apps they have as part of Vision available to the Treo?!

- Mike
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    650 and am always asked byall java apps for every network attempt. The java options in Prefs gives me the choice of "never allow" or "ask every time". Seems like one is missing to say "always allow".
    Interested if someone's found a solution. Perhaps it's a bad install of java.
    Works for me. Try reistalling java on your Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I've reinstalled java at least 5 times, even hard resetting my phone and only installing java and kmaps by themselves (no other extra apps). Still got the problem. Curious.
    Which files are you installing and from where are you downloading the java plugin?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions