1.    #1  
    Hi,

Looks like my responses and threads about this got zapped. Basically if you have your MSL and a few minutes, Sprint/Verizon people can use picturemail that actually will mail the picture...And if you ask for changes, I'll make them!

Thanks.
    so is it actually working now? i responded to your post before the board had problems and you never responded. I would like to try this out if it actually works.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin3
    so is it actually working now? i responded to your post before the board had problems and you never responded. I would like to try this out if it actually works.
    Sorry. Yes. Its been working since I announced it. I use it alot myself. Last check, sent 76 pictures with it. If you have your MSL, it only takes a few minutes to configure and then start using! If you want, just send me your phone #, your desired password, and the email address you want to use as the "From".
    Howdy.

I'm a bit confused. What exactly are you doing, and what is the difference? Also, what type of changes are you talking about?

Thanks!

D.C.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavemanUT
    Howdy.

I'm a bit confused. What exactly are you doing, and what is the difference? Also, what type of changes are you talking about?

Thanks!

D.C.
    What I do is change the server backend for the PictureMail program. Instead of it going to Sprint, it goes to mine. I reverse engineered the protocol it uses, and I think I have it pretty much down pat. There are still a few tweaks I can do, but otherwise its pretty solid.

The difference is that right now my version emails the pic directly. I'll make changes and stuff as people request it, as long as it makes sense and others would like it. I could do web stuff, I could make the email part better (Like one idea I have is you can email "dist:friends" and it would send to a pre-configured distribution list called friends...Or another is
    being able to have multiple "from" addresses, like you can do "from:tuc2:someone@tucs-beachin-obx-house.com" would use a pre-configured 2nd reply to address. So maybe default is SMS on your phone, and "tuc2" is your Yahoo account. Just thoughts I had.

The changes you make on the phone are the IP and URL of the picturemail server.

Tuc
  6. dpk
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    Hi,

Looks like my responses and threads about this got zapped. Basically if you have your MSL and a few minutes, Sprint/Verizon people can use picturemail that actually will mail the picture...And if you ask for changes, I'll make them!

Thanks.
    How do you change the IP/URL for the picture mail server?
  7.    #7  
    Press "##3282", then "DIAL". Then "Menu", and drop down to "Pictures".