1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a way to run BizCon personal edition as a service under Win2K or WinXP ? My primary computer is a laptop, but I have a desktop in a common area at work that I could use to run the service. However, I can't stay looged in.

Any other ideas on how to keep BizCon going even when I'm not logged in ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarswell
    Does anyone know of a way to run BizCon personal edition as a service under Win2K or WinXP ? My primary computer is a laptop, but I have a desktop in a common area at work that I could use to run the service. However, I can't stay looged in.

Any other ideas on how to keep BizCon going even when I'm not logged in ?
    I haven't tried this with BizCon (I've got the luxury of a dedicated box for BizCon redirection), but I've used AppToService in the past with good results.

tdh
    jcarswell, I've also wanted to do this but haven't had time to...

There are free utilities on the Windows Server 2000 and 2003 Resource Kits
    that let you run a .bat script on start-up without requiring login as well as
    install any .exe as a service.

Take a look at the doc/help files in the downloads. Downloads at:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/its...s/rktmain.mspx

The files you want to look at are:
    AutoExNt.exe/.bat (run a .bat automatically on startup w/out login)
    InstSrv.exe (install a .exe as a service)

Let us know if it works
    I'm also a laptop user who has been wondering how to use BCPE when my laptop is in my briefcase. Sprint support is zero help of course. Wouldn't the desktop PC have to be running Outlook as well as the Bizcon redirector?
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. Smith
    I'm also a laptop user who has been wondering how to use BCPE when my laptop is in my briefcase. Sprint support is zero help of course. Wouldn't the desktop PC have to be running Outlook as well as the Bizcon redirector?
    Outlook installation is not required - just a connection to the internet & your Exchange server. One word of caution, though... if you've got a finicky corporate proxy server, you'll need to fiddle with the desktop box occasionally.

tdh