1.    #1  
    Started today. I sign on. It shows green arrows. Start Blazer. Shows SENDING and arrows still green. Then after about 15-20 seconds, arrows turn grey. Then after another 20 seconds get messsage that it cannot be found. Click OK. then arrows turn back to green. I try again with the same results.

Anyone experience this?

JC
    My PCS vision service is down today here in the Washington DC area. Voice is OK.
    My Vision is OK viewing webpages but keeps connecting/disconnecting when trying to use Chatter.
    Starting this morning in the Boston area, wireless web works (but it's slow), and SnapperMail doesn't work at all. Connection fails with a timeout every time even if I increase the timeout period to a minute. Very disturbing. :-(

P.S. I should add that a coworker who also has a Sprint Treo running SnapperMail has also experienced the same thing starting this morning.

-Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
    http://www.libertybasic.com
    Last edited by Carl Gundel; 02/25/2004 at 10:37 AM.
    Browser working, but all other IP clients, such as AOL, verichat, win-hand, snappermail..not working as of 11:45 am in the Atlantic City, NJ area.
    Same in CT. Browsing is working, but no other IP connections like SnapperMail.

ctdw
    Same thing. Luckily I didn't listen to tier 2 and uninstall all of my software.

I can surf the web, I can get emails, but I can't access mail, chatter, verichat or anything else.

(i can't even log into verichat to permanently log out, so you can imagine my flood of SMS messages. )
    Just an interesting note... hooked up laptop using PDANet, and pings report TTL expired. I wonder if Sprint made routing changes that only allow their services to be used, to prevent excessive usage and/or working around some of their services (i.e. using an external mail client to email pictures, instead of picturemail).

Pinging in the log in the network prefs on the Treo results in an error (0xFFFF), which I would imagine is similar to the Windows ping result.

Hopefully this isn't permanent...

- Mike
    Hopefully this isn't permanent...
    It would be a REALLY stupid move for Sprint do this sort of thing without notifying their customers first. If this is a policy change on their part, they're going to lose my business.

My Goodlink email service is not working in Upstate NY. I called Sprint and spoke with two techs. Neither knew what Goodlink was. When I explained it, they told me to call Goodlink. The Goodlink tech, before I told her, asked if I was on Sprint. When I said yes, she said Sprint has a data outage in the Northeast and they are working on it.
    Would be suicide, and I doubt they are doing it.

I would have no choice but to cancel and pay the penalty, because I need such service.

Besides, tech support didn't have a canned answer from Sprint. They seemed as clueless as the rest of us here.

Unlikely that these services are being limited, especially when other services like MobiTV market directly to Sprint Vision customers.

Originally posted by Carl Gundel

It would be a REALLY stupid move for Sprint do this sort of thing without notifying their customers first. If this is a policy change on their part, they're going to lose my business.

Vision is back up and running in the southern new jersey area...I was on the phone with sprint tech at the time, and they reprovisioned me...that didnt work immediately, but at 5:35pm it came back up...maybe a coincidence??
    Vision and Goodlink are now both working for me.
    Mine was up for about 45 minutes between 3:30 and 4:15 but went back down again.
    Spoke to Vision tech support today - Vision down in majority of NorthEast. If you run "traceroute google.com" via PDA NET, Wireless Modem or a connection card, it loops around the following two IPs:

Looks like a routing problem to me. For those who want to use Eudora Web or browse via PDA NET on a PC connected computer, go to the dial pad, type is "##DATA" and to the "Browser" section of the Settings. The IP addresses in that section are proxy servers for web and can be used in Eudora Web and PC browsers until Vision goes back up. The techn I spoke to, had no problems with me using it for Eudora Web but suggested to disable it whenever Vision goes up.