Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    OK! Verizon working, new splash screens working (VerizOn, VerizOff), qnc connection working (express network doesn't seem to work using either the original faq or updated instructions) and email receiving on multiple accounts. Couldn't get Verizon to accept outgoing mail smtp on either account (possible spam blocking on their server) but I found a Kyocera site with some clues and my outgoing smtp server is now set to mail.airbridge.net with user name and password both qnc. The reply email that shows is still my regular address on whichever account I use to receive first.

Meanwhile, FYI, the original KWPSET program listed in the FAQ worked for me when the later version didn't. I had a new phone and loaded the firmware update before anything else. Don't know if that made a difference.

Good thing it was a long holiday weekend. And hats off again to all you pioneers.
    I just came across this site and am really excited. (It's been a slow weekend.) I've had the 7135 on VZW for 18 months and have wanted the T600 for some time. I still have to decide whether to wait for the long rumored VZW version of the T600 (or 610). The also rumored hi-rez screen for the 610 is the one thing that would get me to wait. In any event, I have been wondering where that secret society was that had figured out how to get the T600 working on VZW. I knew you guys were out there. (Either you are hiding from the pdaPhoneHome 7135 board or I missed the postings.)

In any event, before deciding to take the plunge, I do have a few questions.

1. I have ver. 3.4.39 of the KWPST (which I used on the 7135). DanM suggests that the older version available here works better. Anyone else have experience with this? Should I use the older version?

2. I use the 7135 as a modem for my notebook with EN when I travel. Any problems with doing the same with the T600?

3. If I buy the T600 now, what are the odds it will have the upgraded software?

4. This one is for GalenMD (or any one with the car kit): I had noticed that the Treo car kit didn’t work with the CDMA version of the T600. Your post suggests that the upgraded version of the T600 works with the car kit. Have you tried it? Does is it work well?

Thanks to GalenMD and everyone else here for blazing the trail. I expect to be joining you soon.
    Re: KWPST, I tried the newer version and it wouldn't recognize the device. Uninstalled and reinstalled the older version and it worked. Both free, so whatever works.

Re: Buying now. I bought my Treo on Friday at CompUSA (my wife got a gift card for Christmas and I borrowed it). It had firmware version 1.1.

Interestingly, the first setup hotsync quarantined some old Palm software I had on my old Palm Vx profile, except for some data files and parens lite. I got resets every time I hit Prefs or wireless off. I uninstalled the old Palm desktop and pocket mirror. I uninstalled the new software, deleted the Palm directory, did a hard reset on the phone, and started from scratch. Worked perfectly. Then I did the firmware upgrade. No problem.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    4. This one is for GalenMD (or any one with the car kit): I had noticed that the Treo car kit didn’t work with the CDMA version of the T600. Your post suggests that the upgraded version of the T600 works with the car kit. Have you tried it? Does is it work well?
    PalmOne's intention for this firmware was to make it compatible with the car-kit. However, this turns out not to be the case. See this thread. (I am directing you to the last page to avoid all the details).

Basically, the phone cannot be answered while in the car kit. Apparently, the manufacturers are working directly with palmOne (who in turn refuses to give anybody any information).
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    PalmOne's intention for this firmware was to make it compatible with the car-kit. However, this turns out not to be the case. See this thread. (I am directing you to the last page to avoid all the details).

Basically, the phone cannot be answered while in the car kit. Apparently, the manufacturers are working directly with palmOne (who in turn refuses to give anybody any information).
    Thanks, GalenMD. I should have done the search myself. The car kit is important to me, so I am on hold with making the switch to the T600.

I also downloaded the older version of KWPST and am ready to go if PalmOne fixes the car kit problem. Who know, maybe VZW will have their version out by then.
  6. khr
    Thanks to all who posted here. I have my T600 working on Verizon now. Everyone at work is amazed!

Two hints that represent my snags:
    1) if you cannot get passthrough mode to work, try doing a soft reset of your phone
    2) the only network connection that worked for me was to use the High Speed Wireless. Do not forget to uncheck Mobile IP.

Thanks again!
    I am on Telus and tried to setup the T600 to get nto the 1x system but have been unsuccessful.

I punched in my username and I am guessing that my password is my ESN and it doesn't connect.

Any tips anyone might be able to shed?
    I have had this Treo 600 on Verizon for a while and I have had nothing but good things to say about the reception (it also helps that I live in a large metro area like NYC). I have a question about Digital Roaming on this device (Phone app –> Menu –> Phone Preferences –> Menu –> Digital Roaming). Does it make a difference whether I have it set or not? Since obviously this is a Sprint phone, wouldn't it be that Sprint is roaming on a provider other than Sprint, including Verizon? In theory, would that make a better Verizon signal? I have experimented with turning it on and off and seeing if it made a difference but I can't tell because I am living in a large city in which mostly all the carriers are pretty strong. Can anyone test and see if it makes a difference in the boonies or suburb area? Or, is this a test in futility? Does anyone have it on and have a better Verizon signal? Or worse?
    DanM,

I had the same problem you had. I followed all instructions, but I was getting an error message about not being a valid user and also about the carrier not providing dialup access. I knew I had done everything correctly in the FAQ, so I called Verizon (said I had a Kyocera 7135) and I signed up for "Mobile Web with National Access" for $4.99/mo+minutes. It took some troubleshooting from their tech support, but they flipped a switch on their side and it started working like a charm. I'm using the Express Network (aka National Access) on my Treo and, holy cow, it's way cool.
    DanM: You may also have to dial ##3282 (##DATA) to enter your "Sprint PCS Vision" username and password (see earlier instructions in this thread).

For users who are getting the "You must set up Sprint Provisioning before connecting..." type setup message, do the ##3282 trick and you'll get rid of that annoying message. Again, see the earlier instructions in this thread.
    Thanks. I called Verizon too and was told that a) I didn't have Express Network because I wasn't paying the extra fee and that b) contrary to reports here there is no ability to have it enable against minutes. In fact, I was told that Verizon has "reports of some web sites telling people how to do this, like stealing service" and that they were examining accounts to find people using this feature and turn them off. At that point, I decided to stop arguing and use the qnc connection until Verizon comes up with a more economical data plan.
  12.    #152  
    DanM,
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. My advise is to call again. It's usually about getting the right CSR. If you have a hard time getting through, then just politely end the call and try again.

I just tried getting into PDAphonehome.com (the location of the Kyocera 7135 forum), but the site seems to be down. Look there later for the thread that discusses this. Maybe there has been a change that we're not privy to.
    Anyone have the file for a later PRL than the 50018 file provided in the FAQ? I can't *228 to update my phone (it says "can't be done at this time please call customer service"). I called about three different CSRs and they know something is whacky because of the ECN number. The last CSR recommended that I take the phone into a store to get the PRL updated. If I can get a later PRL file, I program the T600 myself and see if *228 will then work. (I have the 1.2 sprint update installed.)
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by glinko
    Anyone have the file for a later PRL than the 50018 file provided in the FAQ? I can't *228 to update my phone (it says "can't be done at this time please call customer service"). I called about three different CSRs and they know something is whacky because of the ECN number. The last CSR recommended that I take the phone into a store to get the PRL updated. If I can get a later PRL file, I program the T600 myself and see if *228 will then work. (I have the 1.2 sprint update installed.)
    First, where are you since I think the PRL is location specific. Second, I frequently have that same problem. Wait a while and try again.
    I'm in Seattle.

Also, how long is "a while"? It's been a week and I've tried from a few locations.
    Help me guys!!! I believe I have the Network Search problem after the update to 1.2 firmware. My treo does fall into the ESN s that has this problem. What should I do to get a refurb? I went to sprint a few times and they turned me away.

Anyone here that converted their treo was able to get a refurb? If so, how did you go about doing it.

PLEASE HELP ME!!
    Steve
  17.    #157  
    Did you try re-installing the network db file? That seemed to have solved the problem for somebody else. Do you even still have the old file? If not, PM me and I will try to get you one. I think I may still have it, but will have to look later.
    Re: express network. I followed some threads on other forums on Kyocera services per GalenMD's suggestion and found reference to a code 1xpp1. I then sent an email to Verizon customer service asking if this was available with no additonal monthly charge except for minutes on my Americas Choice plan. They replied, in part: "There is no
    monthly fee for the National Access feature (1XPP1, 1XMOU) however, in
    order to access some of the services, a monthly fee is required for those
    options. We have added the National access to your account."

They then asked me to help them answer questions about various fees that might be incurred by telling them what I wanted data for, what kind of phone I have, etc.

I set up express network per the first set of instructions in the FAQ and it worked (second method didn't). I am now inclined to not respond to their questions and just watch my bill.

Thanks again...and don't quote me if you call Verizon
    My network db file isn't corrupt. Restored from other backups. Same issue
  20. dnt
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks for the great FAQ. Followed it and in less than 30min I was connected. Now just need a verizon sticker to put over the sprint logo :-) Anyone that need help in around San jose, let me know. shouldn't take more than 30min. Just paying it forward.
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast