Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    I beleive that my Treo 600 only works on one frequency 900 or 1900. I therefore have significantly poorer coverage than I did with my previous Verizon phone.
    Any ideas on how to change this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Mark.
    Since I am tired of waiting for Verizon, should I purchase an unlocked Treo 600 for Sprint? Do I need to get Sprint service first?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxchick
    Hi Everyone,

Here is my Phone Info:

Phone Number: listed correctly

PCS Vision Username: blank

ESN: listed correctly

Software: Treo600-1.0-SPR

Hardware: C

HS SN: listed correctly

PRL Rev: 50159

PRI Checksum: 0x8D39

In the About section - I see that I also have Phone V. 1.0
    hmm..my hw rev is the same so no internal change I would assume. The only diff I see is my PRL, which is 42046 since I have a local plan. I don't think this will solve it but let's try it anyway... your vision username is blank right now, let's enter something in...
    at the phone screen, punch in ##3282 [dial] (##DATA)
    make sure it's showing the Data tab, if not hit the menu key and select Data
    select Modify, then enter in your MSL
    User Name: your10digitphonenum@vzw3g.com
    Password: vzw
    leave everything else blank.
    Ok
    Check Phone Info again, it should show your10digitphonenum as the Vision Username.

try the data connection again... if it fails, go into Pref-->Network-->menu-->View Log
    and paste what you see here.
    thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by markp42
    I beleive that my Treo 600 only works on one frequency 900 or 1900. I therefore have significantly poorer coverage than I did with my previous Verizon phone.
    Any ideas on how to change this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Mark.
    Tower switching is handled by your PRL, update your PRL by dialing *228 and select option 2 if you haven't updated it recently. If you're not on roaming mode already, you can force your phone into PCS mode and use Sprint's tower by punching in ##727 (##PCS) to see if coverage is any better. To switch back, punch in ##3825 (##DUAL)

I find that my LG VX6000 had much better signal than my Treo 600 and I find that my Treo goes into roaming mode more often with the latest PRL.
    ideefixe-

I tried your solution and while my phone number now shows in vision username, I still get the same error when I attempt to connect (Error 3000). My log shows: not connected.

ihparker
    Quote Originally Posted by ideefixe
    try the data connection again... if it fails, go into Pref-->Network-->menu-->View Log
    and paste what you see here.
    thanks.
    I tried and also got my phone number to show up in my vision username. But can't connect... the log says:
    Service name: <blank>
    Local IP address: 127.0.0.1
    Gateway address: 220.75.45.16
    DNS addresses: <blank>

-pdxchick
    Bingo! ihparker - go to network settings, high speed wireless, details and UNCHECK Mobile IP - that did it for me. Thanks to Maswell, who mirrored GalenMD's FAQs on a separate site - I missed this detail somewhere and now data works perfect!

Thanks!!

I followed the various instructions and threads to the letter, and about an hour later, wham bam, a Verizon-ized Treo 600!!! There are sooo many contributors here, I really do not know who to thank. Two worth mentioning are:
    GalenMD & Fenzytom

GalenMD's detailed and super accurate instructions and links were obviously the key and I thank you very, very much. I was sort of flying by the seat of my pants and slowly but surely things started to make sense and come together. When it appeared the MSL code was found and accepted, I felt a surge or relief. Once I managed the next few steps and then dialed 611 and got the Verizon message, I was speechless. Guys, I can build a computer, but software is not my bag.

Once all that was complete, I checked out Frenzytom's instructions on getting rid of that annoying Sprint banner. Understand, I have never even heard of a Hex Editor, but a quick Google search and download later, and I had one. What to do with it was a different story. Rather than do a simple search in the hex thing, I was actually scrolling through each line of characters looking for S P R I N T. Yes, stupid I soon realized. I felt like I was in my own personal Matrix. Once I did the search, there it was and it quickly became V E R I Z O N.

Anyway, it has been a long week and I need some sleep. You are all AWESOME and my drooling over the Treo 600 is OVER. (Now I have to figure out how to get another Sprint one for my wife. )

I will slowly add on all the kick-a** Treo utilities and programs, plus my Palm OS data that goes back to 1996, in the next few days. No pressing need to rush that now that the phone is working.

My only question, at least for tonight, is--- has anyone come up with a way to get the actual red and white Sprint logo off the upper right of the phone??? The T600 needs to be de-badged!!!

I would think something like nailpolish remover could do the trick, but afraid to take the chance. Anyone figure out a way???

That's it for now--- still in shock and awe!!!
    OMG... Thanks! I have a data connection!!!

Thanks pdxchick..Thanks Maswell
    Tower switching is handled by your PRL, update your PRL by dialing *228 and select option 2 if you haven't updated it recently. If you're not on roaming mode already, you can force your phone into PCS mode and use Sprint's tower by punching in ##727 (##PCS) to see if coverage is any better. To switch back, punch in ##3825 (##DUAL)

I find that my LG VX6000 had much better signal than my Treo 600 and I find that my Treo goes into roaming mode more often with the latest PRL.
    thanks Ideefixe for the PRL info. I verizoned my treo 600 about 4 months ago and have not updated the PRL since then. for the past few weeks the treo was only showing 2-3 bars of reception. Tonight I updated the PRL and BAM 4-5 bars

Hope this helps
    I recently installed vz wireless card on my laptop. I tested the card's speed and it is about 200kbs. I then tested the laptop using PDAnet connection and speed was 90kbs.
    Can the Treo be progreammed to accept the vz's 3g connection?

thanks
    Short ANswer is No. The internal modem in the Treo is not compatable with EVDO.
  13.    #133  
    Thank you, maswell. Thank you.

This was mirrored before the TC crash. I have updated the FAQ to include both methods.

Jeff NYC, great minds think alike. I would love to get rid of that last remnant of Sprint on my phone. I think acetone would take off more than the decal though. Anybody have any ideas on de-branding the phone?
    I had an old Kyocera 7135 that had a huge nasty Verizon logo on it. I tried removing it with nail polish and the like but it had a coating of protective varnish that kept me from getting to the actual print logo. I couldn't stand the logo for too long so I scratched it off with my fingernail and boy was that a mistake. The varnish coating came off as well and exposed the metal below. It looked better without the logo but it also looked like I dremelled it to death. It looks like the same deal here with the Treo. The logo looks like it's on the surface but I think they added a top coating of some kind so if you were going to remove it with a paint remover, you might take something else with it as well. I would love to take that logo out as well but can live with it...like putting a sticker on it for now.

p.s. congrats Jeff and others and welcome to the club.
    Hi,

I've got Verizon working but can't seem to connect to Express Network. Followed all the FAQ (I thinK) and set up new connection, but when I click connect or web, all I get is a message telling me that "your phone must be configured for vision services". If I click OK it fails because I don't have a sprint/vision acct. If I click "later" the connection fails.

According to my acct profile at Verizon, I do have EN enabled.

What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM
    Hi,

I've got Verizon working but can't seem to connect to Express Network. Followed all the FAQ (I thinK) and set up new connection, but when I click connect or web, all I get is a message telling me that "your phone must be configured for vision services". If I click OK it fails because I don't have a sprint/vision acct. If I click "later" the connection fails.

According to my acct profile at Verizon, I do have EN enabled.

What am I doing wrong?
    You might have missed these steps:

1. Go into Network Preferences --> menu key --> Options --> View Log
    2. Type in: "pdpset 1" (without the quotes) and hit the enter key...then hit done
    3. Use your new MSL code if asked.

After that, choose your EN connection as the default connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty21
    Since I am tired of waiting for Verizon, should I purchase an unlocked Treo 600 for Sprint? Do I need to get Sprint service first?
    Nope, you don't need Sprint service. However, all Sprint phones are "locked" with MSL codes, but this thread has steps to find the MSL to unlock your Treo600 phone yourself.
    You might have missed these steps:

1. Go into Network Preferences --> menu key --> Options --> View Log
    2. Type in: "pdpset 1" (without the quotes) and hit the enter key...then hit done
    3. Use your new MSL code if asked.

After that, choose your EN connection as the default connection.
    I did that, but I'm not sure I did it right. The first time, I couldn't modify or delete the Sprint settings with the pdpset 1 (is there supposed to be a space between t and 1?" because it is locked. I created a new connection according to the FAQ settings, and it is the first one that appears when I go to preferences, but I don't see any setting to make it the default -- so I don't know if it is.
    Progress. The space allowed me to reset and it looked like I tried to connect. Now I get the message: check your user name and password...your carrier may not provide dial up access.
    OK, express network still not working, but qnc gets me onto the web. Cool. Now I can't seem to make POP mail work using the email client on the Treo (I did 1.2 firmware revision before converting to Verizon) and copying all the same settings from Outlook on two accounts...neither works. I get a message that I can't log into server, check username and password, but both seem correct on both accounts. Ideas?

Also, is there a setting to automatically disconnect from data connection when you close the browser or finish emailing? If I don't want to wait for the timeout, it seems I have to go to preferences and manually disconnect.

Thanks all.
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast