Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    As I am thinking about this some more, do I need a Verizon Express data plane to make this work? Right now I am on a national plan. What plan should I choose and is this the reason express network is not working?
    Quote Originally Posted by ihparker
    I followed all the steps, but I cannot connect to the Express Network. The first time I tried I got an error message that said my user name or passowrd was mistaken and I should contact SPRINT. I tried a few more times, now I am getting an error message that the express network is not available in my area. It is. I use it on lots of other phones. SO, I have the phone part working great, but cannot get the express network running.

Any suggestions?
    ihparker,

1) Have you "activated" your Treo by punching in #000000 and enter in your phone number in both the MDN and MSID fields?

2) Have you executed the "pdpset 1" command in Network Preferences?

3) If you dial *228, do you get a Sprint or Verizon Wireless greeting?

4) Have you set up a connection by using the Virtual Modem device and a connection script?

I'm not sure, but I think any plan >$39/mo has EN enabled for Minutes of Use from your voice minutes.
    I
    1) activated according to the FAQ
    2) executed pdpset 1
    3) if I dial *228 I get verizon
    4) I have set up the Virtal Modem Device and connection script pursuant to the FAQ

I can make and receive calls, send and receive SMS messages but when I try to launch the express network, I get an error that reads :

Error 67: registraton failure.

I have even added the $70 express network unlimited plan to my account so I cannot figure it out.
  4.    #104  
    You do not need the $70 EN service. There is a way to get EN extracted from minutes, but I think you have to ask for it. I don't remember how I got it done since that was over a year ago.

When you try to connect, does it really try, or does it give you an instant error message? An instant error indicates a programming problem. A registration message indicates a password or access to EN issue.

Are you Roaming? No EN while roaming (at least for me).

Did you dial *228 and choose option 2 (updates PRL)?

Re-Check all the values you set it.
    I
    1) activated according to the FAQ
    2) executed pdpset 1
    3) if I dial *228 I get verizon
    4) I have set up the Virtal Modem Device and connection script pursuant to the FAQ

I can make and receive calls, send and receive SMS messages but when I try to launch the express network, I get an error that reads :

Error 67: registraton failure.

I have even added the $70 express network unlimited plan to my account so I cannot figure it out.
    FYI, the FAQ is missing the step I asked for in question 1....

Assuming you've done this step, check the script settings and make sure zeros should be zeros, etc...

You can always try setting up a QNC connection to see if that'll work or not. You don't need the EN status in your account for QNC.
    WHere do I do your step 1 (Have you "activated" your Treo by punching in #000000 and enter in your phone number in both the MDN and MSID fields?)

Do I do that using the Kyocera Software. I looked and did not see an MDN or MSID field
    >>When you try to connect, does it really try, or does it give you an instant error message? An instant error indicates a programming problem. A registration message indicates a password or access to EN issue<<

It looks like it really is trying to connect. The weird thing is that it says that if the problem continues, to contact Sprint.
  8.    #108  
    Telling you to contact Sprint is a non-issue (I think). That is likely the "word" that is programmed into the name. Mine now has my name so it says "Connecting to Galen."
    ideefixe, what is that step you are referring to? I never had to do that. A few other people here had difficult times connecting, but eventually worked them out. I'm sure there is a solution for you somewhere.
    Did you try creating a connection using "High Speed Wireless?" I have also used that one with success.
    WHere do I do your step 1 (Have you "activated" your Treo by punching in #000000 and enter in your phone number in both the MDN and MSID fields?)

Do I do that using the Kyocera Software. I looked and did not see an MDN or MSID field
    GalenMD and ihparker,

Normally when you get a new CDMA phone, you'd have to write your 10-digit directory number into the phone. With CDMA phones, it's ##MSL. I'm not quite sure if after running KWPST the phone's MSID and MDN gets updated or not; it should.

Punching in ##YOUR_6_DIGIT_MSL, then [DIAL] while on the phone screen brings up the "Activating your phone" screen. Sprint Vision seems to pull your MSID or MDN from this screen to generate the UID used for data connections. That error 67 looks like it's returned from the Treo and not from Verizon Wireless.

I would suggest adding to step to get into the "Activating your phone" screen once you obtained the MSL with bitPIM and before running KWPST. Remeber the MSL is not 000000 at this point.

ihparker, since your already reset your MSL to 000000, you would
    punch in ##000000 [dial] while you're at the phone screen.
    Thanks ideefixe. My phone number was in the MDN and MSID when I checked... Express Network is still not working. I am at a loss as to what to do...
    Thanks ideefixe. My phone number was in the MDN and MSID when I checked... Express Network is still not working. I am at a loss as to what to do...
    I noticed on another thread that you had a GSM Treo 600 before? Did you happen to sync the content from the GSM Treo onto the CDMA Treo? If so, try doing a hard reset to clear out the content. Don't sync yet, just create the Express Network connection and test it out.

I found an explanation for the Error 67 from the sprintusers site:
    Mobile IP Error Messages (from Network)

Error Code 67 Registration failure. Your username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again. Note: Repeated entries of an invalid password during a 24-hour period will result in a 20-minute suspension. A suspended username may not be used until the suspension expires, even when submitted with the correct password. If this problem persists, you may need to contact Sprint.
    Mobile node failed authentication, this means that the mobile failed to register with the PDSN. This could be a result of improper provisioning or a change to the users username or password.
    What are you using for your EN login and password, btw?
    It should be something like:
    login: 2125551212@vzw3g.com
    password: vzw
    ideefixe-

I have not done any sync yet. I was trying to get everything to work before I even thought about syncing. It is weird..now I am getting an error message that the network is not available and I should try again later.

I spoke to VZ tech support under the pretext of having a Kyocera 7135 to see if they could help me out. They could find nothing wrong.

I am using my tel number@vzw3g.com and the vzw password.

I am thinking of buying a Kyocera 7135 (returnining it within two weeks), getting the express network working on that phone, then registering my Treo ESN again and seeing if that works. My thought is that this has to be a VZ issue with my account, but because I can't tell them I have a TREO it is hard to troubleshoot. Given that I have programmed from scratch twice now, making usre everything is right, I can think of no other solution...
    I am having the same issues, ihparker. I ported from Verizon to Sprint and ported back. Had no issues updating the MSL to 000000 and updating the Verizon PRL. No problems changing the Sprint text on the top LHS.

Wasn't able to go online and update my ESN and activate though - had to call customer service (this is because my online account did not show number under the numbers for Activate My Phone - just had 000-000-0000 (my theory is there is a few days lag for the port). Got CS to update the ESN, activated and have voice working perfectly.

Can't get EN to work to save my life - added the service multiple times, I know the settings are right. Using Virtual Modem, 10digitnum@vzw3g.com and vzw as the pw. Using #777 as the Phone number. I either get a delay when it is "Connecting to Extended Network" then "Retrying" or I get "Error 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. PLease try again later (0x713E)".

I can get limited help from CS - they think I have an aircard though I tell them I have a phone with data.

Any ideas, anyone?
    - pdxchick
    Last edited by pdxchick; 05/28/2004 at 02:05 PM.
    pdxchick-

That is exactly my error message. Sorry we are in the same boat but I am glad that I am not the lone wacko in the boat
    Well, I guess I feel better too - although I'll feel great if we can find the fix to our problem!

Forgot to mention I tried QNC - no dice and pretty much the same behavior.
    what does phone info tells you of the hw, sw revisions and PRL? Also, what is the version of the Phone app?
    Am I the only one using High Speed Wireless as my connection? I see that people are using the Virtual Modem connection. What is the difference? Have they tried changing it and seeing if it works? I've had it on High Speed since I had the phone and all the updates and have had no problems.
    Frez- I have tried both and neither work. I even tried creating a new connection with no luck.

ideefixe, here is the phone info:

Software Treo600-1.10-SPR
    Hardware: C
    PRL Rev: 50159
    Phone: Version 1.0
    Hi Everyone,

Here is my Phone Info:

Phone Number: listed correctly

PCS Vision Username: blank

ESN: listed correctly

Software: Treo600-1.0-SPR

Hardware: C

HS SN: listed correctly

PRL Rev: 50159

PRI Checksum: 0x8D39

In the About section - I see that I also have Phone V. 1.0
    you guys that are using #777 and trying to connect. This did not work for me when I was trying to get mine working. I just set up a high speed wireless account and used myphonenumber@vzw3g.com as login and vzw as pass. I could not get the qnc or en working when i was trying to follow the faq. Also is qnc slower than EN and is it free and not use your minutes?