Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    no one to help me but myself!

Ok I searched through and found 6 numbers and I figured, that's probably the MSL. And it was!

Now my phone is activated and good to go on Verizon's network. Goodbye to my POS Moto T720!

now someone please tell me how to find the network preferences tab so I can set up data on my new treo!
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    OMG I am done!!!! After about 3 hours of frustration!!!!

Phone calls and web surfing works flawlessly!!! This is awesome!!! Thank you everyone!
    Woohoo! I got the Treo 600 on Verizon as well. Thanks to all who contributed here and the excellent FAQ. Since everything, EN, voice and the annoying Sprint banner is fixed, I was wondering whether anyone got the annoying Welcome/Goodbye Sprint screen to to be replaced? I was reading the threads and some people touched upon it but nothing solid. There was a link to a file that had a PRC file to change it but wasn't too sure it was for a Sprint phone. I also heard GalenMD had a Verizon banner to subsitute that screen. Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Hey Frenzy, read the first page of this thread, you can download the "Verizon splash screen" from there.

Now can you help me change the "Sprint" banner to a "Verizon" one?
    Hey yo, thanks for the info. As far as the Sprint banner on the top left of the Phone screen, it was kind of confusing at first to find that part on the phone. I followed the instructions below (thanks GalenMD) and used this hex editor:

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delph...vi32/xvi32.htm

Once you download the nv data, make sure you make a backup before you do the editing just in case. I found my "Sprint" logo near the middle end (I think C400 or so) of the hex file. You can put anything as long as it is not too crazy (I've heard people putting more than 6 as I have with using "Verizon". If you are using the hex editor above, the screen is divided in half with the left screen being the actual hex "translation" and the right being the "text" version that will give you the idea of where "Sprint" might be. If you scroll down the list, you can find your "Sprint" name (it won't be that hard as I think there is only one in that file.) Once you follow the instructions below, you won't have any problems.

1) Start up the KWPST Software Download tool (while the Treo is still in passthrough mode)
    2) click on the Backup tab
    3) in the QCN File: field type in the path and filename with a .qcn extension of where you want to dump the nvram content to
    4) enter in your MSL (000000) in the SPC field
    5) click Start and wait a few seconds as it saves the nvram to file
    6) start up your favorite hex editor and open up the file you saved in step 3 (default path is C:\program files\kyocera wireless pst\bin\nv backup)
    7) Search for the string "Sprint", I found mine at offset 0x0000C386.
    8) Replace this string to your liking...I'm not sure what the character limit of this string is. To be safe, I'd use something 6 characters or less.
    9) save this modified file to a NEW filename so that you'll still have a backup of your nvram
    10) go back to KWPST Software Download tool
    11) this time click on the Restore tab
    12) browse for the new file, enter your MSL in the SPC field
    13) Click on Start... wait until it finishes. I think the Treo will do a reset when finished
    14) Your new network string should show up instead of "Sprint"
  6.    #46  
    I can't remember if this was posted before or after the Treocentral crash, so here I go again:

This is a Aqua skin with a Verizon splash screen during activation and de-activation. It adds the excellent looking buttons to the dial pad (thanks to others).
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7.    #47  
    OK. Sprint's latest firmware update just became available: Handspring

Anyone got the guts to test it?
    Even if Verizon doesn't offer the Treo 600 on the rumored 5/21/04 date, they likely will sometime later. If I use this thread's method to switch a Sprint T600 to a Verizon account, will I have any reason to "go legit" once Verizon offers the T600? Will a "native" Verizon T600 get better signal service, communications features, roaming reliability? Will I get better customer service or tech support from Verizon? If so, how would I go legit, other than just switching the T600 back to Sprint, cancelling that account, and buying a new T600 from Verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattruby
    Even if Verizon doesn't offer the Treo 600 on the rumored 5/21/04 date, they likely will sometime later. If I use this thread's method to switch a Sprint T600 to a Verizon account, will I have any reason to "go legit" once Verizon offers the T600? Will a "native" Verizon T600 get better signal service, communications features, roaming reliability? Will I get better customer service or tech support from Verizon? If so, how would I go legit, other than just switching the T600 back to Sprint, cancelling that account, and buying a new T600 from Verizon?
    So, a few things are still unknown, but the most important one is 'will verizon release the 600 or the new 610 (or whatever)'. If they release the 600, I can just about promise you the phone will be no different than the sprint phone. Ive had mine for a few months now, and I can tell you that the signal reception is great, EN works great, SMS works great, everything is good. There would be no reasons to change any hardware, as far as I can tell.

The only reason to wait for Verizon is for the support. I doubt that now I could get ANY support from them (hardware support), but I guess Ill see if they will give me support after they release the phone.

If I were you I would wait and see what happens this month...its the safer route and costs nothing.
  10.    #50  
    I agree. If the phone is to released imminently, I would wait. When I converted my CDMA Treo to Vz, there was no clear sign that it was coming. Also, I wanted to unload my 7135 while it was still popular.

It looks like this FAQ may soon only prove useful to those that want to change to Vz from Sprint.
    I was wondering whether anyone will update their Verizonified Treo 600 to the latest 1.12 Sprint Update. What are the downfalls for such a experiment? I am so tempted....
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    When I converted my CDMA Treo to Vz, there was no clear sign that it was coming. Also, I wanted to unload my 7135 while it was still popular.
    Ditto. I let GalenMD be the guinea pig.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    I was wondering whether anyone will update their Verizonified Treo 600 to the latest 1.12 Sprint Update. What are the downfalls for such a experiment? I am so tempted....
    Well actually, mines, the originally instigator of our conversion, has just tried it and can no longer connect to EN. I really want this update, but since I have already dropped this phone several times and really scratched it to h***, I will have no chance of getting it fixed by Handspring. Actually, it's not a fear of getting the phone to work, since it has been done so successfully; it's the data I can't lose.
    I hear you GalenMD, I would hate to lose any sort of function just for an update but would love to have the latest update (apparent fixes and likely more problems). Hopefully, mines, can get in there and find a solution.

Is there a way to pick and choose what is installed in the updater?
  15.    #55  
    Is there a way to pick and choose what is installed in the updater?
    No. It's a all-for-one deal. The only thing I'm interested in is the Car Kit update, and perhaps the sound quality fix (though mine isn't that bad).
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Well actually, mines, the originally instigator of our conversion, has just tried it and can no longer connect to EN. I really want this update, but since I have already dropped this phone several times and really scratched it to h***, I will have no chance of getting it fixed by Handspring. Actually, it's not a fear of getting the phone to work, since it has been done so successfully; it's the data I can't lose.
    EASY FIX ALERT!

You need to re-upload the verizon PRL file into the phone, as you did the first time you programmed it. Apparently the Updater blew it away...I was tipped off when *228 gave me a sprint number.

I re-upped the PRL and EN works a-gain!
    Awesome fix maswell! Does everything work for you? Have you seen any difference in performance? I will try to do it this weekend.
    Awesome fix maswell! Does everything work for you? Have you seen any difference in performance? I will try to do it this weekend.
    So far everything seems to work. Saying as I just did this update and got EN fixed at 2am last night, I haven't used it enough to see much difference. I THINK the volume seems...tamer...as maybe not to over power the speaker, but it may just be my imagination.

Edit:

OH, and I tried Audacity and MovieRec and the sound recording is AWESOME. Bout time they did that.
    7) Search for the string "Sprint", I found mine at offset 0x0000C386.
    8) Replace this string to your liking...I'm not sure what the character limit of this string is. To be safe, I'd use something 6 characters or less.
    I think you can go a lot longer than 6 characters as "T-Mobile" is 8 characters.

I put "MC Hammered" as my text string and it worked fine.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Hammered
    I think you can go a lot longer than 6 characters as "T-Mobile" is 8 characters.

I put "MC Hammered" as my text string and it worked fine.
    If I recall, when I found the text string, the "Sprint" appeared at the end of a line. If I entered anything longer, I would have to wrap around to the next line. Is this what you guys saw? Maybe it's just a matter of my editor that grabbed the info.
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast