Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324 LastLast
    I have been able to flash my Treo 600 (knew my MSL), done the #*#774 update (now MSL is 000000), and from what I can tell properly prepared the Sprint phone to be used on Verizon. Since my move to the Cinci area has prompted this change, I have to establish a new Verizon acct, and this appears to be the sticking point. I called telesales to get this acct set up using the existing phone, and while there was some initial resistance to using my ESN, they said they could find the phone in an "older system". Upon completing this phone call, my rep said I just need to call *228 in a half hour to activate the phone. That was four days ago. The story I'm getting from them now is that they can't possibly activate the phone because it's not a verizon phone. I've tried calling numerous times and talking to numerous reps as suggested here, but the problem is that I don't officially have verizon service yet so they keep refering me back to my initial rep, who now claims that I have to buy a new phone. More depressing is that the person I talked to today said what I'm trying to do is illegal and that they won't have any part of it.

Any suggestions on what to do next?
    Quote Originally Posted by brudzins
    Any suggestions on what to do next?
    One way to go is if they have a free phone deal, get the free phone, then replace it with Treo and throw out the free phone (or sell on ebay). Often if the company stores do not have a free deal, some other stores do.

Don't tell them it is a Sprint phone, just say you have a phone, you got it used, it says Verizon on it. If you followed instruction in this thread, it should work just fine.

-HH
    I understand the suggestion to get an account started and then try to swap in my Treo. Will I have better luck that way because I don't have to go through telesales to activate my Treo? I guess it might be easier through tech support. I have to say I'm a little concerned because those folks are telling me that based on my ESN there's no way to activate it. The only reason I haven't just ordered the free phone yet is if it doesn't look like I can get anywhere with my current Treo 600 on verizon, then I would take advantage of a start-up offer to get a 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by brudzins
    I understand the suggestion to get an account started and then try to swap in my Treo. Will I have better luck that way because I don't have to go through telesales to activate my Treo? I guess it might be easier through tech support. I have to say I'm a little concerned because those folks are telling me that based on my ESN there's no way to activate it. The only reason I haven't just ordered the free phone yet is if it doesn't look like I can get anywhere with my current Treo 600 on verizon, then I would take advantage of a start-up offer to get a 650.
    Well, All I can tell you is there are lots of us that have activated non-verizon phones on verizon and have no issues with it. I have 2 (originaly Sprint and Bell Canada) and I had no trouble activating them on an already existing account( the rep usually gets confused, says it is an AirCard (manufacturer of the radio in treo), then does something and then it is active) That being said, a 650 is a better phone and I would much rather have 650 ;-) So, its your call.

-HH
    Hi, I'm having the same problem as brudzins, I have a Sprint 650 and verizon says there isn't any way I can use it 'because the ESN does not exist' in their network and they cannot do anything about that. :-( Maybe Verizon is catching on?
    Verizon caught on as of Aug 1st adn they are not going to do any (new)activations of the Sprint Treo 650 on the network. For those of us that are on it now baby your phones and dont drop them...Cuz you cant activate them again...lol...Good Thing I stockpiled spare keyboards,screens and housings I got at a swap last weekeend...
    hi all,
    i've been followin this thread way from Indonesia, and succesfully applied verizon firmware to my sprint treo600. It's been workin great, I posted this message using my treo.
    Thanx guys..
    But currently I have minor issue, I can't access #*#DATA(3282). Where did it go? Is it normal?

regards'
    Quote Originally Posted by Goober408
    Verizon caught on as of Aug 1st adn they are not going to do any (new)activations of the Sprint Treo 650 on the network. For those of us that are on it now baby your phones and dont drop them...Cuz you cant activate them again...lol...Good Thing I stockpiled spare keyboards,screens and housings I got at a swap last weekeend...
    I've just finished reprogramming a Sprint Treo 650 to Verizon and called Verizon Customer Service to activate the phone and switch my existing service to the Treo. I got the same story that Verizon cannot accept my new ESN in their network. I tried just about every tactic with the CS rep and Technical support to see if there was a way around this policy but I believe the Verizon system is really locking out non-Verizon Treo 650.

If anyone finds a way around this, please let us know.
    Nope.....not going to happen..I guess im one of the lucky ones using the sprint one on Vzw...whoohooo
    I have a sprint samsung VGA100 with service

I recently got a Sprint Treo 600 off of ebay

I wish to switch service from the samsung to the Treo, would I use the same method and just write the esn from my samsung to the treo??
    Call customer service up and tell them you want to do an ESN swap.
    I’ve had a success rate of about 1/3 phones. The first phone I bought was activated after a little coaxing. The real issue I believe is talking to the right person at customer service. I had to call about 10 times, being shut out each of the first 9, and on the tenth she said “Ok I’m gonna have you go ahead and dial *228” and the rest is history. Keep trying to call back, I also got the email address of the lady who activated mine, although I don’t know what she would do when she saw a bunch of “Please activate my Treo!” in her mailbox one day :-)

-Mike Knoop
    So I have a Sprint Treo and loaded the verizon firmware on it. I cannot get it activated with Verizon. I got the MSL code from Sprint. Do I HAVE to reset the code to 000000 to get it activated or can I just keep trying my luck til verizon activates it?
    Hello all...I'm a newbie (sorta) alright, get it out of your system. Anyhow, After 48 hours of crying and getting frustrated, I finally got information to my treo 600. However, I have a couple problems I'm really hoping you all can help me with. By the way, Sprint gave me my MSL code after a few heated emails!! I'll be glad to share it if you all wish me to.

1) I have my LG VX6100 attached to BitPIM and can go to the nvm folder in the directory tree. When I try to save my prl, and then load it onto my Treo, it states RL incorrect data. So, how do I actually get the prl file from my VX6100 so that I can correctly and successfully upload it to my Treo?

2) I used the prl file that is in this thread and everything seemed to work ok, until I tried to call or update the Treo. when I make a call, it states it want's a CC (probably cause it's not "Activated") When I try to update, it states I need to call Customer service. (Again, probably an "activation" problem)

3) This ties in to the one above. I called Verizon on my original frustration to try to get their technical support to help me run the configiration and get the phone activated. I gave them the ESN and they state it's not valid. Hence, I got the same response when I tried to activate online. The Treo is from Sprint obvioulsy why I'm here looking for all the help possible. I have been pretty self sufficent up to this point, so I'm hoping someone who has done this successfully can help me with the final touch ups.

I know this is a lot to ask, but I thank you all in advance for any help. Look forward to hearing from you.
    Well, since I upgraded to 650 and it seems that any converted 600 is no longer activatable on Verizon, I want to convert my phone back to Sprint and give it to a friend of mine. Anyone attempted reverse conversion? Any issues I should be aware of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hichhiker
    Anyone attempted reverse conversion? Any issues I should be aware of?
    See http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=94357. I was able to get the reconversion to work -almost- entirely. Thing still insists on Verizon dialup protocol though, so there's no dialup (modem-based) data connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by ideefixe
    It's quite straightforward...

1) Start up the KWPST Software Download tool (while the Treo is still in passthrough mode)
    2) click on the Backup tab
    3) in the QCN File: field type in the path and filename with a .qcn extension of where you want to dump the nvram content to
    4) enter in your MSL (000000) in the SPC field
    5) click Start and wait a few seconds as it saves the nvram to file
    6) start up your favorite hex editor and open up the file you saved in step 3 (default path is C:\program files\kyocera wireless pst\bin\nv backup)
    7) Search for the string "Sprint", I found mine at offset 0x0000C386.
    8) Replace this string to your liking...I'm not sure what the character limit of this string is. To be safe, I'd use something 6 characters or less.
    9) save this modified file to a NEW filename so that you'll still have a backup of your nvram
    10) go back to KWPST Software Download tool
    11) this time click on the Restore tab
    12) browse for the new file, enter your MSL in the SPC field
    13) Click on Start... wait until it finishes. I think the Treo will do a reset when finished
    14) Your new network string should show up instead of "Sprint"

HI THIS MANUAL IS THE SAME FOR THE TREO 650.......??????????
    HI THIS MANUAL IS THE SAME FOR THE TRE0 650>>>???????
    Hi, This Manual Is The Same For Tre0 650....??????
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i have a question.

I am trying to do the treo 600 sprint --> verizon switch. The problem is none of the programs to use recognize my phone. it appears as if the connection between the two is not made unless i hit the hotsync button, and then it stil does not even show up on my computer, it just sync's and is done.