Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    ok, this was all that was needed to get data access back (from the original FAQ):

Step 3: Activating Express Network Data
    Note: There are 2 separate methods of doing this. Find which one works for you.
    1. Go into Network Preferences --> menu key --> Options --> View Log
    2. Type in: "pdpset 1" and hit the enter key...then hit done
    3. Use your new MSL code if asked.
    Method 1: (not used so deleted here)
    Method 2:
    4. Create a new service connection...
    5. Hit menu, select New, and fill in:
    Service: Express Network
    Connection: High Speed Wireless
    User Name: your10digitphonenum@vzw3g.com
    Password: vzw
    6. Click on Details, click off Mobile IP, then OK
    7. Click on Connect and watch your tower icon change to data mode

ok, on to re-installing apps & re-Synchronization...
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    ok, the little blue arrow (anyone know what this is?) is back, along with a bunch of Splash apps etc. hellfire & kaka it put TokenWriter & Sprint 1.2 firmware updater back on there and I'm very sure none of that crap was in the list of files to be installed. And EN was broke again so had to do the "Step 3" from FAQ again to get data / web access back again. SnapperMail works with corp. server, haven't gotten around to setting Gmail back up yet but sure it will work too (BTW the blue arrow only shows with phone app, not with Snapper...). Haven't tried to sync contacts yet, cheez only knows what crap will come with that, and no doubt will have to set EN & Snapper again....

Signing off for tonight, c 'ya l8r...
    anub: This is from Verizon Wireless:

The blue arrow is caused because of a problem with the firmware on your device and the software upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please do the following to correct the problem:

1. Within the Palm Treo folder on your computer, delete the Saved Preferences, Network, and Connection Manager folders.

2. Perform a Hard Reset on your Treo. To do a hard reset, you will need to do the following:

a. Unscrew the stylus tip to access the reset tool
    b. Press and hold the Wireless Mode button
    c. While continuing to hold the Wireless Mode button, turn the device over and use the reset tool to gently press and release the reset button on the back of the Treo 600 (do not release the Wireless Mode button)
    d. While continuing to hold the Wireless Mode button, turn the device over (so that the display screen is visible)
    e. When the Palm Powered logo appears, release the Wireless Mode button
    f. When the Erase all data? prompt appears, press Up (on the 5-way navigation control) to confirm the Hard Reset
    g. Power the device on and perform initialization (digitize screen, select language, etc.)

3. Perform HotSync - Verify that the device is stable and functions correctly

anub, when you get your T600 back in working order, dial *228 to update the roaming capabilities.
    "Unit with a message, K."
    I've installed the Verizon 1.11 firmware onto my Sprint branded Treo 600. It functions great except that is says "Roaming" on the phone screen. After the 1.11 update completed I entered the phone activation screen using #*#MSL (I already had my Sprint MSL code) and changed the MDN and MIN to my Verizon Wireless number. The HOME SID and HOME NID values are set to zero.

Is there something I'm missing as to why it says Roaming? I entered in the Home SID that my Motorola v710 shows and it does not make any difference as far as it showing that I am in roam. I could not find the Home NID though.

EDIT: I found the Home NID setting in my v710 phone and all is well. It says Verizon Wireless as the carrier.
    Last edited by xpgeek; 07/20/2005 at 09:23 AM.
    Don't forget to do *228 to update PRL
    Success! After talking to two CSRs my Verizoned Sprint T600 is fully activated. Voice calls and SMS work great. I haven't been successful at a PRL update but the Tech support guy I talked to was very nice and said he was issuing a trouble ticket to get my ESN added to the Over the Air Programming allowable ESN range. He said in the mean time I can always go into a Verizon store and they will be able to load the PRL on the phone.
    xpgeek, I take it you didn't use the PST to reprogram your phone; if I remember correctly, you need to use it to load Verizon PRL 50018. From there, you will be able to dial *228 and update the roaming capability.

Nevertheless, welcome to the ranks of those who successfully converted and activated their T600s. Let us know how you do with the OTA trouble ticket.
    Oh, by the way, I should mention that I gave my Verizoned T600 to my girl, and I learned something interesting ... we were in Canada, near Niagara Falls, and while my Verizon branded T600 went into "Roaming", with the orange indicator light flashing, her Verizoned T600 didn't! The banner read "Verizon Wireless" and her indicator light flashed green! We had to venture deeper north into Canada before her T600 finally roamed! We both have the same PRLs (50292). That was interesting. Thought I should mention it ...
    Quote Originally Posted by How'dYouDoThat?
    xpgeek, I take it you didn't use the PST to reprogram your phone; if I remember correctly, you need to use it to load Verizon PRL 50018. From there, you will be able to dial *228 and update the roaming capability.

Nevertheless, welcome to the ranks of those who successfully converted and activated their T600s. Let us know how you do with the OTA trouble ticket.
    I used the firmware flash method instead of the step by step method. PRL 50236 came with the Verizon 1.11 firmware from Palm's site and the coverage is comparable to that of my Motorola v710 at this point. I think the problem with OTA is the MSL on my Treo. It's still set to what Sprint has it configured as (& I know what my Sprint MSL is) and from what I can gather from other threads, the MSL needs to be set to all zeros in order for OTA to work properly on Verizon.

All I have is the USB cable that came with my Treo. Are there drivers I can download to get the PST software to recognize it on USB or will I need to purchase an actual serial cable?
    xpgeek, you'll need to look at the first post on this thread to get the instructions on what to do, what software you'll need and the links to download that software. The Kyocera PST will allow you change your MSL. You'll need to purchase a serial cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjhahn
    I figured out how to clear out the old Sprint network settings that were still left after installing the Verizon Firmware. Type #*#774 , press dial, and then click "Reset to Factory Default Options". It will then ask for the MSL. This got rid of my network connections for "Sprint PCS Vision" and "Sprint Provisioning", and replaces it with one called "Verizon Wireless". It seems like this is the only thing it changed, and it didn't even reset the device after running that command.
    What I'm about to tell you worked for me in more ways than just setting up Verizon's network profiles. I loaded the Verizon 1.11 firmware onto my Sprint T600 first. Then I did what chrisjhahn explains above and...

Just wanted to tell you that this code (#*#774) also changes the MSL to all zeros! I wanted to make sure my network connections were also as they should be since my Sprint ones still existed. After running this code I noticed the as expected newly programmed Verizon network profiles and also noticed my old Sprint MSL no longer worked anymore. I tried using the #*#000000 MSL code and it worked!. I was also successful at calling *228 and getting the most recent PRL which I couldn't do before with the old Sprint MSL.

No need for a serial cable and software to change the MSL to zeros I guess as long as you use the Verizon firmware method of converting your Sprint T600.
    Very interesting ... congrats! Glad this method worked for you, xpgeek! Welcome aboard.
    I tried all three methods of getting on the web. The virtual modem settings don't see to apply. The High Speed Wireless one tries but times out (PPP). Any ideas, could the password be different now?
    Try deleting the High Speed Wireless connection, then resetting your T600. Try logging on with either Method 2 and/or 3 (qnc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickleft
    I tried all three methods of getting on the web. The virtual modem settings don't see to apply. The High Speed Wireless one tries but times out (PPP). Any ideas, could the password be different now?
    Erm, do you have data service enabled on your account? If not, you can only use modem to dial a third party ISP (have an earthlink dialup account???) Of course you are much better enabling high speed from verizon. If you just want to play, you can sign up for pay as you go plan, no money down, $0.0015 per KB. Or, on other end of spectrum is the $45 all you can use plan. Also, I was told that you use the plan minutes while connecting to data. Not sure if it is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hichhiker
    Erm, do you have data service enabled on your account? If not, you can only use modem to dial a third party ISP (have an earthlink dialup account???) Of course you are much better enabling high speed from verizon. If you just want to play, you can sign up for pay as you go plan, no money down, $0.0015 per KB. Or, on other end of spectrum is the $45 all you can use plan. Also, I was told that you use the plan minutes while connecting to data. Not sure if it is true.
    I was told by a Verizon DATA Support CSR the other day that as long as you have a data plan, whether it be a partial (like the 10MB or 20MB) or the unlimited plan, that usage will not count against your minutes. This has proven to be true as I have not seen my minutes lessen after having used the Internet for several days now. I have the unlimited data plan.
    I had a Sprint Treo600 I had Vzn'd about 16 months ago go south on me recently, so I got BestBuy to send a replacement per my extended warranty. However, when I went to grab the MSL via BitPM the phone fails to enable passthrough. The error is "Passthrough enable failed..." Have the codes changed? or has something else been done to lock the phones from access?

My SW level is 1.2 SPR

I did try my local Sprint store which gave me the MSL before since I own the phone, but the current guys said they no longer do it.

I have seen that some are flashing their phones with VZN, and wiping the MSL to all zeros with a code, but would rather have access to the phone codes and do it the less destructive way.
    Well after getting blurry eyed trying to find a solution in the forums I decided to sync my new(BB refub T600) and Viola the passthru started working! So one step down to restoration!
    I want to update my ROM on the Sprint Branded 650 (on the Verizon network). I saw the old instructions using token writer but was not sure if this works for the 650. Has anyone tried it? Or is there an alternative way?
    Rickleft, go to the Sprint T650 to Verizon section. Mines managed to get the Verizon ROM on their converted T650. Mines posted a link that was helpful to loading the ROM. Check that out. Hope it helps.