Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    FAQ and files mirrored here.
  2.    #22  
    Thanks Maswell. Thanks for posting the FAQ there, especially since it has all the files.
    I am a mac person so I can not use the software required or a serial cable. Is there anyone out there who is reprogramming Treo 600 CDMA phones for Verizon use who can be hired?
    Thanks,
    I too use Macs and would be interested in paying for the service of converting a Treo 600 for use on Verizon Wireless.
    Originally posted by mwelp
    I am a mac person so I can not use the software required or a serial cable. Is there anyone out there who is reprogramming Treo 600 CDMA phones for Verizon use who can be hired?
    Thanks,
    I know, Im using my girlfriends pc craptop to fix up my treo.

Let me see how mine works out. If I can do it with no problem, you can send it to me and I will do it for you for 10$ plus whatever shipping is involved. (you can help me pay for the serial cable that i would otherwise never use again).

Does that sound fair?
    Originally posted by maswell

Let me see how mine works out. If I can do it with no problem, you can send it to me and I will do it for you for 10$ plus whatever shipping is involved. (you can help me pay for the serial cable that i would otherwise never use again).

Does that sound fair?
    Let us know how you make out!
    Originally posted by maswell

Does that sound fair?
    I don't know how long it takes to program but that sounds incredibly fair. Let me know how it goes.
    I haven't bought a Treo yet because I wasn't sure I could get the programming done. If it looks good then I'll go shopping.
    I got the treo today (thanks treoneo!) and am very impressed so far. The cable should be here within the next two days, so Im guessing everything will hopefully be up and running by thursday at the latest. Ill let you know...
    Originally posted by mwelp

I don't know how long it takes to program but that sounds incredibly fair. Let me know how it goes.
    I haven't bought a Treo yet because I wasn't sure I could get the programming done. If it looks good then I'll go shopping.
    I don't want to punish people for using the best operating system on earth. Like I said, It would just be nice to make back the money I had to spend on the serial cable.
    Originally posted by GalenMD

Step 4: Fixing Blazer

1. Install blazer_spcs.prc (below) onto the Treo (using the standard Palm Desktop Install application).

Don't mean to downplay steng01's effort, but I'm finding out that the modified blazer_spcs.prc file is not needed. When Blazer runs, it'll check the Vision browser setting and if its set, Blazer will use it as the proxy server. This is not the same proxy setting as the one in the Blazer:Preferences --> Advanced menu.

To clear the Vision browser proxy settings...

##3282 --> DIAL --> [menu] --> Browser --> [Modify]

Clear both Primary and Secondary NGG's and their ports. Save and browse.
    Hi,

I followed the FAQ... I did the "Step 1" except for #14 since I didn't have a phone number yet (I didn't buy service yet).

I then downloaded a new connect/disconnect logo and hotsynced it.

Today I tried to go back and do #14, but for some reason it seems it won't connect to the phones serially. I can't get BitPim or the KPST programs to connect anymore. I stumbled to use ##000000 to set the phones number.

I then went and did Step 2. So I can make/receive calls.

I then went to Step 3. It seemed a little flaky asking for the MSL, kept telling me I wasn't entering 6 characters.... But I got it in.

When I hit connect it tells me an error occurred opening the network connection, then brings me to a "Preparing Vision Services" box that says "Your phone must be configured for Vision services. This process will take a few minutes. Would you like to do this now?". If I say "Now", it fails. If I say "Later", it kicks me out....

So what do I do about the serial connectivity issue, and how do I get my networking to not error or it to think I "provisioned" it?
    Originally posted by tuctboh

Today I tried to go back and do #14, but for some reason it seems it won't connect to the phones serially. I can't get BitPim or the KPST programs to connect anymore. I stumbled to use ##000000 to set the phones number.
    Ok, I'm an ***. I fixed that part.

Still can't connect to the network, it wants to do the Sprint Provisioning. Any way around this?
    Any ideas about insuring this new toy? My verizon/asurion insurance won't cover it, right?

Thanks!
    Update: All is now working great!

The FAQ is damn near perfect, and I got Blazer to run without the new .prc as per ideefixe's instructions. (thanks!)

The process was very easy and straight forward for me. I definately will help anyone out who needs it.

PS- I love this damn thing.

Now who wants to help me out with that insurance info?
    I know I have seen insurance info in the past. But browsing google I couldn't see it in the US. It is all over the UK. I did find:
    www.thesignal.com/
    But that may be through carriers.

I think I saw a brochure once in a store next to cell phones and it was something you did on your own.

You might also ask at Howard Forumns.

Good luck,
    So, now, how does one use this to connect a laptop via serial and using Unix connect to the EN or even QNC network?
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Where is the: Kyocera Wireless PST 3.1 (Product Support Tool) ??

Is it the first download link here: http://www.lbocean.com/6035/programs.htm
    that is called KWPST Kyocera 6035 Software Development Kit?????

I'm confused and it's only the first step!?!
    yes get the software delepment kit
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble getting BitPim to work.

I have a serial cable, plug it in, but nothing happens. None of the com ports seem to work and when I click on Filesystem, nothing happens. Which phone type do I select also?

I am using the newest 0.7 test 10 version.

help?!
    Last edited by yOyOYoo; 04/30/2004 at 11:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Ok I finally figured out how to read the filesystem: simply click on the "+" sign. Doh! Someone should have mentioned that!!!

Ok now in all of the nvm_xxxx (where xxxx = four numbers such as 0002) I just get random strings of numbers. What exactly is the MSL and what am I looking for?
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast