Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by intrasys
    I live in the LA Ca. area has any one tried the process in the LA area? If so did telling them it was a aircard do the trick. This is a great source of info. I hope all works right when i get my treo i got off ebay. thanks

I am not from the LA area, but i have been there with my verizonized treo and it works perfectly... It does not matter what area you are in when you call because it is a nationwide helpline... They say it is an aircard when you call, but I denied it and said it was an old startacand they activated it... It worked perfectly... Other people have just told them it is a treo and it still worked... Just keep making up stories till they will activate it...
    Quote Originally Posted by akalberm
    I am not from the LA area, but i have been there with my verizonized treo and it works perfectly... It does not matter what area you are in when you call because it is a nationwide helpline... They say it is an aircard when you call, but I denied it and said it was an old startacand they activated it... It worked perfectly... Other people have just told them it is a treo and it still worked... Just keep making up stories till they will activate it...
    So to get thing right before i sstart my adventure with this. Should i upgrade the firmware to the verizon one then do all of the programing of the phone or should i do the programing then the upgrade.
    So to get thing right before i sstart my adventure with this. Should i upgrade the firmware to the verizon one then do all of the programing of the phone or should i do the programing then the upgrade.

When I converted my treo, I did all of the conversions and got it working first (except the web) because the verizon firmware update was not out yet. Then after it became available I flashed the firmware... I am not sure if you can go straight to the firware and then change, maybe someone else knows??? Either way, I do know it is safe to first change the files, and then flash the verizon firmware...
    Thank's that sounds like the way to go.
    First, thanks to all who made this happen. I'm having a problem with my "verizoned" T600. I successfully verizoned my Sprint T600, and activated it, and flashed the firmware to Verizon 1.11. But when I switch the Treo into Phone Mode, the Treo reboots and cannot go into Phone Mode. Plugged in, it works fine, and I can make and receive calls. I know it's a battery issue, but before I replace it, is there anyone els having this problem? Could it be a software or hardware issue? Will replacing the battery solve my problem?
    Last edited by How'dYouDoThat?; 05/03/2005 at 10:14 AM.
    I'm such a by-the-hip, lazy sonovagun! I just searched the message boards (I'm at work, so I don't have much time to search) and found that a similar problem was happening with someone else's T600. They replaced the battery and it was fine ... I'll do the same and let everyone know how it went.
    hi ,i just got treo 600 sprint and can enybody tell me if i can change it to us celllar? and how to do this? thanks
    I just opened my T600, inplugged the battery, then plugged it back in. The T600 now works in Phone Mode on battery power. I have a battery on order anyway. I can connect to qnc, but not EN. Yet. I can send MMS and SMS. I get 5 bars and no dropped calls. So far, so good.
    i got a treo 600 today it said THESE UNITS ARE UNLOCKED AND CAN BE USED ON ANY CDMA PROVIDERTHE PROGRAMMING CODE IS ##000000.THIS UNIT IS PREFERABLY FOR VERIZON AS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL IN THE ESN AND TELL THEM YOU ARE ACTIVATING AN AIR CARD".

does this mean i do not have to get the MSl?
    i got a treo 600 today it said THESE UNITS ARE UNLOCKED AND CAN BE USED ON ANY CDMA PROVIDERTHE PROGRAMMING CODE IS ##000000.THIS UNIT IS PREFERABLY FOR VERIZON AS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL IN THE ESN AND TELL THEM YOU ARE ACTIVATING AN AIR CARD".

does this mean i do not have to get the MSl?
    Means MSL is 000000
    i guess what do i have to do now? and is there a quick way to check?
    Last edited by intrasys; 05/06/2005 at 06:31 PM.
  12.    #352  
    i guess what do i have to do now? and is there a quick way to check?
    Dial either 611 or *228. If you get a Verizon recording/operator, then all you have to do is activate it with verizon. Call them and give them your ESN. Tell them it's an Aircard. Better yet, tell them you don't see the phone name anywhere. Ask them if they can tell by the ESN. Often, they'll say "It's coming up as a..." You then say, "Oh, yeah. That's right. Sorry".

If you don't get a Vz signal, you will have to install the PRL using a serial cable. The alternative is to find a place with a weak Sprint signal and a strong verizon signal and keep trying *228 until you get Vz, then hit "2".
    Well i tried to activate the treo and they said it came up as some sort of wireless card and sid the somputer would not take it. any suggestions. Tried as an Air card that didnt work either. Help!! Also do they keep a record of how many times you call and the ESN#?
    Last edited by intrasys; 05/07/2005 at 12:32 AM.
    Is there any way to reprogram the ESN number into the phone?
    Well i take it all back call verizon agene today and activation was completed. thanks for the great post now time to do the firmware updates.

Is there any good advice for what to do next as in updating to the newest verizon firmware. Is to pretty simple and straight forward. Also is there a good step by step and is there any side affects, do i need to reload the verizon pl file when it is done
    Last edited by intrasys; 05/07/2005 at 02:36 PM.
    Is there any way to reprogram the ESN number into the phone?

You can not change the ESN.
    Well i take it all back call verizon agene today and activation was completed. thanks for the great post now time to do the firmware updates.

Is there any good advice for what to do next as in updating to the newest verizon firmware. Is to pretty simple and straight forward. Also is there a good step by step and is there any side affects, do i need to reload the verizon pl file when it is done

The verizon webpage has a step by step to load the new verizon firmware on existing verizon treo's... The process is the same once your phone is a working verizonized treo on the verizon network...
    Do i need to do the rom edit to load the verizon 1.11 firmware?
    Do i need to do the rom edit to load the verizon 1.11 firmware?
    Follow chrisjhahn's instructions in post 293 in this thread (Page 15)

HTH
    last thing do i need to load the blazer_spcs.prc and if so do it before the upgrade?