Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    I'll get my on Monday. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    I just updated my phone to the new update and it's still Verizoning away. Thanks for all the tips here. No hiccups after updating the PRL and *228 the new PRL onto the phone. As others are finding out, the camera is alittle better, sound is much clearer, being able to record movies (MovieRec) and sound (SoundRec) has made the update worth the effort.

I have done a test screen update on the on/off splash screens per GalenMD's instructions above and would like to share it here for other Verizon Treo 600 users out there. It's a couple of simple screens to "brand" this phone. It includes the Aqua overlay from Galen's original Verizon file.
    I hotSynced this file to my phone. Now how do I make the phone use these screens instead of the originals?

Thanks!
    Hi,

I just bought a Treo 600 on Ebay that was converted from Sprint to Verizon and was able to activate the phone with a Verizon rep using the ESN provided by the seller without any problems.

However, when I try to sync the phone with Palm Desktop on Windows XP, my computer does not recognize the phone, and my device manager says "unknown device."

Basically, when I press the hot sync button on the cable, my phone says "trying to connect" but returns with an error.

I went through the knowledgebase on Palm and tried everything.... including downloading drivers, etc.

Is this issue due to the conversion from Sprint to Verizon? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkoegler
    I hotSynced this file to my phone. Now how do I make the phone use these screens instead of the originals?

Thanks!
    If I remember correctly, just soft reset it and it should show up when you trigger the wireless on and off. It should override the old Phone screens. It has been awhile since I have done it.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint2verizon
    Hi,

I just bought a Treo 600 on Ebay that was converted from Sprint to Verizon and was able to activate the phone with a Verizon rep using the ESN provided by the seller without any problems.

However, when I try to sync the phone with Palm Desktop on Windows XP, my computer does not recognize the phone, and my device manager says "unknown device."

Basically, when I press the hot sync button on the cable, my phone says "trying to connect" but returns with an error.

I went through the knowledgebase on Palm and tried everything.... including downloading drivers, etc.

Is this issue due to the conversion from Sprint to Verizon? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    This has nothing to do with the sprint to verizon change. The changes made are only phone related. Honestly, I'd reinstall the Palm Software -- it sounds like a software issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by maswell
    This has nothing to do with the sprint to verizon change. The changes made are only phone related. Honestly, I'd reinstall the Palm Software -- it sounds like a software issue.
    I would agree. I haven't verizoned, but when I got my 600 i had similar problems that ended up being an incompatible application. I had to unistall the app and then reset then everyhting was fine. I believe the app on mine was PDAnet, which messes around with the hotsync manager.
    Don
    hi, i have a treo 600 cdma, in my country need some call SPC. the SPC = MSL?, sorry for my terrible english.
    thank u a lot!
    I followed the instructions, it all went perfectly till it came time to *228. Problem is I am in roaming. I think the phone still thinks it is sprint. I followed the directions exactly. HELP!!!!
    ah64tom, did you try the *22801, *22802, etc? that might work for you *shrug*
    lucky, thank you, but Yeah, tried that. I wonder if its the old Verizon PRL file? If I could download the new one might help.
    I got it!!!!!!!

*22800 worked for my area, *228 was alltel.
    I verizonized my Sprint T600 back in August 2004, and I've been very happy with it except for that it sometimes needs to be retrained to see my SD card. I heard that was one of the problems fixed in the 1.2 firmware update. I currently have the Sprint version of the firmware rev 1.10. Any problems updating this to the Sprint firmware rev 1.2? I assume that update won't crunch my verizonizing effort. Is that right?
    I just tried to activate my Sprint T600 onto Verizon.

NO GO. VERIZON REFUSES TO ACTIVATE IT.

When my ESN is fed into their computer, the device comes up as some sort of computer interface card. When they try to force it, their computer asks for an item information "I've never seen before". When I talk to the tech rep, he says it's impossible to activate my phone onto Verizon without redoing the firmware in a way that they're not able to do. When I object that numerous people online (i.e., here on TreoCentral) have already done this successfully, he has no ideas.

Best ideas I have are:
    a) they're blowing smoke, or
    b) their registration computer recently got reprogrammed and no longer understands Sprint T600's, or
    c) my Sprint Treo came from the factory in lower Elbonia.

My apologies for not writing down the name of the "additional information" that the Verizon computer wants to be fed.

So. WARNING: YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACTIVATE SPRINT TREOS ANYMORE.
  16.    #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by KenS
    I verizonized my Sprint T600 back in August 2004, and I've been very happy with it except for that it sometimes needs to be retrained to see my SD card. I heard that was one of the problems fixed in the 1.2 firmware update. I currently have the Sprint version of the firmware rev 1.10. Any problems updating this to the Sprint firmware rev 1.2? I assume that update won't crunch my verizonizing effort. Is that right?
    If you upgrade your firmware, you will have to reinstall the PRL. I recommend that you don't for one reason: the newer firmware causes your treo to wake-up at exactly 3:30 every morning. The light would often wake me up.
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by garryw
    I just tried to activate my Sprint T600 onto Verizon.

NO GO. VERIZON REFUSES TO ACTIVATE IT.

When my ESN is fed into their computer, the device comes up as some sort of computer interface card. When they try to force it, their computer asks for an item information "I've never seen before". When I talk to the tech rep, he says it's impossible to activate my phone onto Verizon without redoing the firmware in a way that they're not able to do. When I object that numerous people online (i.e., here on TreoCentral) have already done this successfully, he has no ideas.

Best ideas I have are:
    a) they're blowing smoke, or
    b) their registration computer recently got reprogrammed and no longer understands Sprint T600's, or
    c) my Sprint Treo came from the factory in lower Elbonia.

My apologies for not writing down the name of the "additional information" that the Verizon computer wants to be fed.

So. WARNING: YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACTIVATE SPRINT TREOS ANYMORE.
    Don't give up. Call again and speak to someone else. Do not tell them that it's a Treo. Ask to speak to a higher level technician. There is somebody who can override it. Some people have gone into a store to have it done.
    I just got my sprint treo 600. I am planning on convering it to verizon. However, I know that some people claim to be using verizon's firmware on the sprint conversioned phones. I can not find the verizon firmware anywhere. Is it possible, necessary, or better off than keeping the sprint firmware? and if so is there a thread about doing this because i cant find it in any forum? Any help would be appreciated.
    i don't believe anyone has released verizon firmware that i know of and y ou don't need it. I had a converted 600 for a while. just a warning, treo's are very prone to getting the rom inside corrupted and if you don't have a verizon treo have fun getting it replaced. this is one of the problems that i experienced.
    I have followed the faq and had success... for an hour

The phone was activated on verizon network and then I synced it with my older palm device. In order to do so, I ended up hard resetting it to clear the old data. This may have been a large mistake. Sync went good and then I send SMS to the phone and from the phone at same time... as I was waitng for sms to come in - I noticed the palm reset itself. Ever since every time I turn on the phone part of the treo, it resets. So now I cannot even open it up in PST or BitPIM because I cannot dial ##3242 without turning on the wireless part. I hard reset the phone a few time but no luck. Any ideas??? Did I kill it?

The palm part of it works fine.

Thanks

-HH