Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mctaylor4000
    I've recieved my sprint treo, updated firmware, changed settings and can now access the Verizon messages. However every time I try to register my ESN at verizonwireless.com it says it can't be completed at this time and tells me to call support. So I called, and they said that the ESN for them won't go through either, and the techie I talked to said it has to be a Verizon branded phone for the ESN to work. I told him I have everything set up and ready for the network, and that when I try to call someone I get the verizon message that says "We cannot complete the call do to conflicting serial numbers." I tried going back to the verizon site just now to update things and it errors everytime I try to bring up the page, so does anyone have any ideas as to why this might not work anymore? Could it be because of Verizon's rollout of the Treo?
    You CANNOT update the PRL or firmware OTA prior to registering your ESN. Go back to your old phone with VZW, make sure it works, then try putting your Treo ESN in on the VZW webpage PRIOR to dialing the *228 (or *22801, which is what I think FORCES the phone to go to VZW versus Sprint - but I am not 100% on that). I had the same problem when I converted a SE T608 over to VZW, and it took going back to my old StarTAC and starting over with the SE T608 to make it work.

Good luck.
    I haven't been able to update my PRL either. The firmware shouldn't have changed anything because I updated that before I started the verizon process. My original phone still works, and when I try and put in the ESN for my old phone I get the same message, so I think maybe its something wrong with that whole portion of Verizon's system, it's not letting anyone update their phones.
    Last edited by mctaylor4000; 07/22/2004 at 12:35 PM.
    I was having a similar problem connecting to Verizon's network when I did my conversion - look for my post and see if that helps you.

My ESN was accepted by the web site just fine but I wasn't connecting to Verizon - so I don't know if this applies, but it's worth a shot.

That post should be one page back.

jello
    I tried what you did to get it to fix itself, but I don't think it's anything to do with the phone, I think it has to do with verizon's network and excepting my ESN when I try and update my account on verizonwireless.com. Has anybody tried to change their ESN from a Verizon store? If so, will they add the Treo ESN even though its not a Verizon phone? Or will they not help because its Sprint?
    A quick update. I believe that the verizon site is having some difficulties with the my verizon services as I can't manage to do anything there, so I took the phone in to a store and with a little persuading managaed to convince a representative that the sprint and verizon phones are the same hardware, and that in order to use the sprint phone on my verizon plan all I needed to do was to have her change my accounts ESN. Worked like a charm, updated the PRL and the network settings and I'm good to go. Thanks for putting this all together.
    I got Sprint to unlock my phone, I followed the directions and I have phone access with my new Verizon number (great reception now) and it starts up the web (much faster than Sprint service did), but it never downloads a page. It continues in "sending" for about a minute then times out. I always get the response "Data Timeout, The Page download could not be completed. Please try again later."

I tried many sites over a four hour period where I have 3-4 bars of reception. I have mobile IP unchecked. Is there anything else that sounds like a likely reason for this?

Could there be a proxy setting for Verizon? I do not have one specified. I also have the settings IP Address Automatic and Query DNS 'checked'. Does this sound right?

Thanks/Mark
    Mark1Nixon,

What is the error code it displays? This sounds sort of like the infamous "PPP Timeout" error a lot of people were having.

If so, you will likely need to call Wireless Data Tech Support to get provisioning help.
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by adimiron
    Mark1Nixon,

What is the error code it displays? This sounds sort of like the infamous "PPP Timeout" error a lot of people were having.

If so, you will likely need to call Wireless Data Tech Support to get provisioning help.
    The error was a dialog box with the following in it: "Data Timeout, The Page download could not be completed. Please try again later." So it sounds a little bit different.
    Quote Originally Posted by adimiron
    Mark1Nixon,

Well I went to the Verizion Store and they referred me to Tech Support. TS said I need the Data Plan $24.99/mo for 5MB + $.08/KB, so I let them put it on, but that didn't work either. So as we talked more they said that they suspected my phone was not dailing the correct number with the high speed wireless network connection, but since they could not verify it they were at a standstill being that my phone did not have Verizon firmware. Mmmmm and my local Verizon store will not flash my phone stating that they have had some get fried as result and they could afford the liability.

Can someone help me to get the Verizon Firmware? I have the PST and a serial cable so it seems like I could load it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark1Nixon
    The error was a dialog box with the following in it: "Data Timeout, The Page download could not be completed. Please try again later." So it sounds a little bit different.
    This was listed in the FAQ already...

##3282 [DIAL]
    [menu] --> Browswer

Clear Primary and Secondary NGG settings... save and exit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ideefixe

##3282 [DIAL]
    [menu] --> Browswer

This only changed the problem to the PPP timeout error. So I tried taking the phone back to its original state MSL and all to start over. However, I may have gone too far by trying to reprovision the Vision services. Now that I have phone configured back to Verizon again, the phone wants to configure Sprint's Vision services everytime I attempt to use the web eventhough my network settings for Verizon and all voice is on Verizon. Even a hard reset hasn't shakened this problem.

I am starting to feel like I need a brain transplant, geeez. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks/Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by ideefixe

##3282 [DIAL]
    [menu] --> Browswer

I had managed to clear the NGGs, but not the port settings. There had been a zero in each one. Once I took them out it worked. Thanks!
    I've been lurking awhile now and I've decided to post since I got my sprint treo 600 and began converting it to verizon.

I am experiencing the same problem as a number of users. Everything goes smoothly until I try registering the esn on verizonwireless.com. I even went as far as calling customer support and pretending to have a verizon treo 600. The representative told me that their software is unable to recognize the model of the phone I am using. After she went and spoke with a technical support person I broke down and told her that it was a sprint phone. She told me that it was not possible and I assured her that it was. To make a long story short she was in no mood to help after she found that out.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am going to try brining it in to a verizon store and having someone register the esn there.

mctaylor4000, when you had the sales person help you out was it any trouble for them or just as simple as registering any standard verizon phone?

I'm so close...yet so far
    I got the phone on ebay and I'm pretty sure that the phone has never had service. Should this make a difference? I had to find the code to unlock the phone with the kyocera software.
    You may want to try going into a Verizon store. I walked in and told them my phone was unlocked and I wanted to try using it on their service. They entered the ESN for me and I walked away. They told me they couldn't support me in anyway with the phone since they were unsure the Sprint handset & load was compatible with their service, but I was welcome to try.
  16.    #236  
    Are there really a bunch of people with this ESN problem? Can you try telling them it's a Kyocera 7135? That's how mine is listed, but it's also what I converted from.
    I went to a verizon store and they were unable to update the esn. I got a cool service technician but the system would not let him change it either.

I followed the tutorial to the T and verizon's esn changing program won't accept the esn from their website or from the tool they use in the verizon store.

I had no trouble getting the unlock code and msl with bitpim and I was able to connect to the phone with the Kyocera tool just fine. I made all the changes (to the cdma and roam tabs) just fine. When I dial a 611 it connects me with verizon. When I dial *228 it tries to update my phone but is unable to.

I'm at a loss. Does anyone have a link to the original sprint prc file? I guess I'm going to have to reset the phone back to its original settings, sell it and then fork over the extra money for a verizon version.

Any suggestions?
    the "sprint prc file" was a typo. I mean to ask if anyone has the original sprint PRL file.
  19.    #239  
    I think if you update the firmware to 1.20 you will get the Sprint PRL. I would make all the changes back first.

Sorry this happened to you. I wonder if Vz is doing something to block ESN's.
    I know this sounds dumb, but did you try both ESN formats? I vaguely remember trying both when I converted my phone, and the only reason I can think of is that one didn't work right.