Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    when is Verizon going to offer Treo 600, or are they even going to? Anyone have any info?
    There are a number of threads addressing some serious rumours over in the Treo 600 forum. Check there.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I figured there are rumors all over the place, just didn't know if maybe someone knew someone in verizon so that we had something concrete
    For MONTHS PalmOne had the words:

== "and we expect service from T-Mobile soon..."

and, in fact, essentially still have those words ("expected early March").

They have not had nor have now words like:

== "and we expect service from Verizon soon..."
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    For MONTHS PalmOne had the words:

== "and we expect service from T-Mobile soon..."

and, in fact, essentially still have those words ("expected early March").

They have not had nor have now words like:

== "and we expect service from Verizon soon..."

I was just thinking the same thing!

T-Mobile/PalmOne have kept no secret of their plans. So the questions are:

Is Verizon really releasing the T600 as soon as the rumours say?

or

Are they in a far earlier development phase than T-mobile? Maybe they're just a few months behind them.

or

Do they have some incentive to keep it secret? Maybe their waiting for a bunch of Kyocera 7135 warrantees to expire so people don't demand trade-ins. (That would mean later in April).
    Last edited by GalenMD; 02/15/2004 at 09:47 PM.
    Originally posted by GalenMD

I was just thinking the same thing!

T-Mobile/PalmOne have kept no secret of their plans. So the questions are:

Is Verizon really releasing the T600 as soon as the rumours say?

or

Are they in a far earlier development phase than T-mobile? Maybe their just a few months behind them.

or

Do they have some incentive to keep it secret? Maybe their waiting for a bunch of Kyocera 7135 warrantees to expire so people don't demand trade-ins. (That would mean later in April).
    My Verizon corporate account manager was at a regional sales seminar and was shown the Treo 600 for Verizons network. He gave me a second quarter 2004 release date and said that it was being rushed due to the fact that the Kyocera 7135 was still not back for sale. I believe it is coming but who knows when. I was not given any details if it is the Treo 600 or the rumored Treo610.
    I spoke with a friend of mine who visited a SprintPCS sale seminar last January. He confirmed that the T600 is going to be available through Verizon, but that they are having issues. Most noteably, since Verizon is made up of many networks scattered across the country, they are having problems getting features, apps, etc. to work exactly the same in every area. For Enterprise users this would not be acceptable....

Sprint is not having these problems because of the way their network has been put together. As awlays, it all in the design....

Of course, keep in mind, this did come from a SprintPCS sales person....
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I'll bet when Verizon does offer the Treo, it'll be the 610!
    Send email to Denny.Strigl@verizonwireless.com or dennis.strigl@verizonwireless.com expressing your feelings. He's the CEO of VZW. I have not gotten a bounce message yet so I think one or both of these are the correct email addresses.

Think of how he will react if he gets a few hundred messages about this, assuming he reads his own email that is.
    Originally posted by glenada
    I'll bet when Verizon does offer the Treo, it'll be the 610!
    When Verizon offers the Treo it will be the Treo 6,500.

I just ported my number from Verizon to Sprint. Verizon has great service, but their selection of phones is the pits.

Now, instead of carrying a T-Mobile sidekick and Verizon phone for voice, I can carry just the 600. (Need a car charger though, heh).
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    That's why I switched from Verizon---BORING phones.
    What sucks about this is that verizon data service is like $50 bux. Id rather go for sprint or tmobile cause its way cheaper, like $20. Anyone know if verizon is going to cut the price on their data plans?
    You can get EN data minutes detracted from regular phone minutes.
    but if your running AIM, and leave it on.... thats a sh*t load of minutes
    Confirmation from one of our Corporate VZW reps that the Treo is coming within the next month or so. No word on what the model will be (600/610).
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    Confirmation from one of our Corporate VZW reps that the Treo is coming within the next month or so. No word on what the model will be (600/610).
    I hope so. They have been saying second quarter for quite some time.
    My wife works for verizon and at their corporate meeting a few weeks ago they annoucned they are releasing 3 smart phones this second quarter. The Handspring treo 600, Blackberry 7750 and the HTC Harrier.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Yeah, and I have a deceased friend of a friend of a verizon biz rep who says no worry, chill out, verizon will take care of you!!!
    Well, God help me for adding to this. Better get into my flame-retardant suit. But I will say that I received a voicemail from my corporate rep at Verizon yesterday afternoon and he said on the voicemail that the release date is set for May 21st.

I have a call into him now to see what else he has seen or heard. Personally, I don't doubt that Verizon is releasing it. It's merely a question of when and a question of what improvements, if any, have they made to the stock 600. So perhaps this is the answer to the first question.

We'll see in a few weeks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast